22. Conflicted

Art by @grapeichi on Instagram

Dream POV

Y/N and I are hanging around Pogtopia, trying to help them prepare. Techno is farming potatoes and no one has mentioned the obvious elephant in the room.

I still feel confused about Y/N and Techno's past.

They were together? Why did they break up? Does he still love her? More importantly, does she still love him?

Y/N refused to tell me anything about their past. Wilbur said he knew nothing about his brother's love life.

While Y/N and I were getting some fresh air outside, Tommy runs up to us, completely out of breath.

"Tommy?" Y/N asks. "What happened?"

"Sap—nap kill—ed Hen—ry. I— burned dow—n his tower— for revenge."

"Okay Tommy, we know you screwed up, what's the actual problem?" I ask, getting tired of the child's rambling.

Tommy takes a few deep breaths.

"Niki's been held hostage since she killed Karl's llama and Sapnap hates me. Oh and Bad, Skeppy, Ant, and Punz."

"Tommy," Y/N groans. "Why?"

"I may have tried to frame Bad for burning down his Eiffel Tower and Skeppy turned on me."

"Well, now what?" I ask.

"Dream, I want you to fight with me."

"No," I turn away immediately.

This child is out of his mind.

"Come on please!"

"No!"

"Dream," Y/N touches my arm gently. "You may not want to fight them, but you can still help Tommy."

"Oh yeah? How?"

"You can give Tommy Mars."

I stare at her through the eyes of the mask.

"Mars?" Tommy asks.

"I— Sapnap trusted me," I say finally.

"I know, but if you want to help Tommy, this is what you can do."

I sigh and open my enderchest, pulling out a bucket with a small fish in it. Mars is written on the side of the bucket.

"Do not kill or hurt the fish," I warn, handing it to Tommy. "We have to disappear into the shadows now." I take Y/N's arm and guide her away.

Tommy watches us go with a puzzled expression.

Once we're far enough away, I stop Y/N.

"Why do we have to help him?"

"To avoid war. If this gets out of control, we'll be thrown into a new war soon."

"What's up with you and Techno then?" I inquire.

"I don't want to talk about it," she says and continues walking.

"No," I grab her arm and make her look at me. I pull off the mask and stare into her eyes. "What are you not telling me?"

"Everything, but I don't want to talk about my past with him. It's in the past." she pulls away from me and continues.

"Just tell me!"

"Drop it!"

"No! Does this have something to do with our relationship?!" I yell.

Y/N stops and glares at me.