74. Escape

Art by ???

Thank you for 100k reads! 😄

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"How's it going Dream?" Techno asks. "Any progress?"

"No." Dream continues punching the obsidian. In the few weeks he'd been doing this, he managed to break the obsidian below the initial hole and the obsidian in front of it.

"I'm gonna be honest, we haven't made a lot of progress," Techno says.

"Well yeah, Sam comes to check on us every once in a while, I have to stop when he drops by," Dream answers bitterly.

"True, true," Techno muses to himself. He wanders around the cell a bit more examining the crying obsidian.

Time ticks by as Dream continues to punch the blocks while Techno stares at the lava.

Techno hears pistons being activated and squints through the lava. He can barely make out two figures. The lava slowly begins to fall.

"Dream, someone's coming, you have to stop," he warns. Dream immediately stops and goes through the water to get back to the surface.

Great, now I have to start that block all over again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry up Sam!" Quackity yells. He stands in front of the lava, axe and shears on hand.

"Patience Quackity, it takes a while to drain the lava." Sam huffs in annoyance, his hand still resting on the lever.

"For such a genius you are, you could have designed this prison a bit better so these things won't take as long."

Sam huffs again.

"One, I wasn't the one who designed the prison. Dream did. He gave me the blueprints and I made some slight modifications. Two, the prison needs to be secure so things need to be done slowly to avoid errors."

"Yeah, yeah," Quackity rolls his eyes, already bored. "Can you just shut up and hurry?"

Are you fucking serious? Who does Quackity think he is? The king? I'm not his minion to do his bidding, we had an agreement.

The lava finally lowers all the way revealing Techno and Dream standing there.

"Why do they have a bell?!" Quackity yells.

Sam looks at him with a tired look.

"I dunno, it randomly appeared. Doesn't matter. It's not going to help them escape or anything."

Quackity grumbles as he steps onto the bridge.

"Walk with the bridge," Sam instructs. Quackity nods and the bridge starts to move.