39. New Plans

Art by @Xen_O_Gax on Twitter

Dream POV

I have to continue with my plans. Even with Tommy out of the way, the Smp will never be one. People just have such different ideas and beliefs. They need to be brought together. Under what though?

I shove the thought away for the time being and move through the forest, traveling deeper and deeper.

Soon, the birds stop chirping, the woods become darker, and the shadows press closer to me.

Deep in the woods, hidden in a clearing, is a small building. A facility. Faint trails of smoke float into the sky.

I enter the dark room and make my way to the main room.

Punz stands in front of two cages, inside are Lazarbeam and Vikkstar. A lectern with a book sits in the center, more books are scattered on the ground. A small pot of lava is dug into the ground.

"Hey, Punz."

The blonde man turns around.

"Oh, hi Dream," he pauses and glances around. "It's all ready."

"Good," I stand in front of the two subjects. "We need to first test if this even works. He r it does, we need to see if there is any way of death that the Revival Book can't undo."

Punz nods and stands in front of the cages.

"Ready when you are."

I walk over to the wall with a lever. I pull it down and a rumbling noise can be heard.

Vik and Lazar both look up, terrified. They look sick, starved, and afraid.

Their eyes find the redstone dispenser above them just as the bottles fall onto them.

Two potions of harming fall onto the pair. With the shattering of glass, both lie dead on the floor.

I smile.

"Well killing them worked, now let's see if reviving them will work."

Punz holds up two plain books. I nod and glance at the book open on the lectern. It's worn and made of brown leather. Gold lettering on the cover.

I make sure to copy the wording exactly from the Revival Book into the two new books but add Vikkstar and Lazarbeam.

Then, I hold both books over the lava and inhale. I glance at Punz who gives me a determined nod.

I drop the books into the lava.

Golden light spills from the lava and splits into two. It touches Vik and Lazar. Both their bodies glow bright gold.

A few seconds later, they both sit up, rubbing their eyes.

Punz looks awed and I laugh.

"It works!" I say with excitement.

"It really does!" He cheers.

I turn to Punz.

"We need to make sure that it can revive people from any kind of death," I say.

"Are you sure there isn't a way that the Revival Book can't reverse?" Punz asks.

I smile again.

"We'll have to find that out."

"Will this bring peace on the Smp though? Once people know you have this, they'll hate you, and want to steal it from you. They'll all fight against you." He questions.

"Well, they'd be just fighting me right?"

"Well, I guess. I mean, if everyone had a common goal to get the Revival Book, they might all team together, differences aside."