35. Losing it All

Art by @Louminouz on Twitter

Dream POV

I quickly stop building the walls and jump down from the walls and run into the forest.

Y/N is nowhere to be seen.

"Y/N!" I scream. "Y/N!"

I walk around and hear movement. I see a blur of purple netherite and Y/H/C hair.

"Y/N wait please!" I chase after her. "I didn't mean it!"

She turns around and our eyes meet. Tears flow down her cheeks and she continues running. I eventually lose her in the forest.

"Y/N!"

No, I can't lose her. I only said it to threaten Tommy, I didn't mean her. She thought I meant her though.

I continue searching but I'm unable to find her.

She probably left me.

I walk toward Tommy's embassy, trying not to cry.

George and Quackity stand there, placing time frames and pictures, laughing.

I remember what Y/N said about Techno.

George isn't safe. Being king puts him in more danger. I need to convince him to step down. It's for his safety.

"George," I walk up behind them and pause, biting my tongue to avoid laughing. I feel myself grinning at the poster of Tommy.

"Yeah?" George recovers from his laughing fit. "What is it?"

"I think, you should step down from your role as king."

"What?"

"I need you to step down as king," I repeat.

"Why?!" George frowns and I see Bad and Quackity quietly watching in the background.

"It makes you more likely to get attacked. Because you're king, and because you're my friend," I explain. "People only want to kill you now you're king, before, they didn't."

"You should be there to protect me," George says.

"I can't always be there."

"Well if I do resign, who's going to be king then?"

Me.

"I'll see if I can talk to Eret again."

"Eret?!" Quackity asks.

"He's proven himself a lot," I say.

"What makes you think I can't be a good king?" George asks.

"Well, people hate me and they know we're friends. They'll try to hurt you because of our connection."

"Wait, wait, Dream," Sapnap comes up behind us with Punz right behind him.

"Sapnap?" I ask.

"George," Sapnap turns to him. "Do you remember what Dream said to Tommy?"

"No," George says. "What?"

"Sapnap, you're not even involved in this," I try to push him away.

This simple lie is going to make George and Sapnap both leave me, like Y/N.

"He said that he didn't care about anything on this Smp. That means he doesn't care about us."

George stops and stands very still.

"I didn't mean it in that way!" I protest. "I meant like objects and possessions, not friends!"

"Oh yeah? Then why did I see Y/N running away crying huh?" Sapnap crosses his arms and smirks at me.