29. Phase 2

Art by @AshrnKaycee_ on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The fireworks go off and Tubbo is knocked to the ground.

"What?!" Tommy runs towards his friend but Techno points his crossbow at him.

"You stay right over there Tommyinnit." He warns.

Dream and the rest of Team Chaos walk over to Techno's side and stand with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wilbur stands in the room. The words of the L'Manburg anthem are written on the walls. His fingertips brush against the signs, the words circling over and over in his head.

He's fought so hard to get this. Now, it was about to be all gone.

"Wilbur?" He turns and sees his father, Philza Minecraft.

"Phil!" Wilbur puts on a broad smile. "It's alright! We've gotten L'Manburg! Everything's going to be back to normal again!"

He stops as Phil's eyes wander to the button.

"Do you know what this button does?" Wilbur asks hesitantly.

"Uh-huh, I do."

"The thing that I built this nation for doesn't exist anymore!" Wilbur yells. He bangs his fist against the cold, hard stone. Phil watches his son, heartbroken. "The thing I worked for doesn't exist anymore! It's over!"

"I've been so close to pressing this button like 7 or 8 times Phil!" Wilbur sinks down into the chair and pulls at his hair. Phil comes behind him and puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"You want to just blow it all up?" Phil asks gently. "You've fought so hard for this, so hard. And it's a lot of TNT."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen here! You guys listen to me!" Techno yells. "I did not spend weeks! Planing this Revolution, giving you guys gear, for you to go in a replace one tyrant with another. Don't you see what's happening here? Don't you see history repeating itself? You think Schlatt was the cause of all your problems? No! It was government!"

His eyes dart furiously around the watching crowd.

Dream raises his sword and nods at the others. They immediately descend into fighting and chaos. Y/N takes Techno's hand and smiles. He smiles back before splashing himself with potions and jumping into the heart of the battle.

"The government ends here!" He launches himself on top of a building and begins to fight Tommy. "I'll kill it myself!"

"Techno was the traitor!" Tommy shrieks.

"Tommy, you know who the traitor was Tommy? Tommy the traitor was Wilbur." Dream declares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There was a saying Phil, by a traitor, once part of L'Manburg. I don't know if you've heard of Eret?"

Phil nods, his eyes fixed on Wilbur's hand which rests on top of the wooden button. His fingers tap lightly on it.

"It was never meant to be."

Wilbur smiles as he pushes the button, his hand raises in salute.

"Oh my god,"

Phil lunges forward but it's too late.

Inside the detonation room, explosions can be heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~