31. Hiding Something

Art by @sunflwrkris on Twitter

Dream POV

"I need your help with something Punz, I am willing to offer you something very useful in return, "I say.

"What?" He asks.

I smile and whisper it into the blonde man's ear.

Punz looks up at me and nods.

"I'm in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stand in Punz's tower, gazing over a map of the entire Smp.

"How do we know if this actually works?" Punz asks.

"We don't," I say firmly.

"Well, then it's useless." Punz points out.

"We can test it."

"But that would mean killing someone." Punz crosses his arms.

"If it does work though—" I start but Punz interrupts me.

"Dream! We can't just go around killing people. Someone's gonna notice."

"Well, what about someone old? Like Philza? People might think it was from natural causes." I suggest.

"No! People will notice, he had tons of allies."

"We need someone that no one will ask questions about." I tap my fingers along the table, running through all the names of the Smp members in my head.

"Well if it works then nobody even has to die," Punz says.

"What?" I stare at Punz like he's crazy. "They would tell people. Look if we kill them, they need to stay dead forever."

"Yeah, good luck with that," Punz scoffs. "There's not a single person that would go unnoticed."

Wait. I remember giving food and supplies to two mysterious people. Vikkstar and Lazar their names were. Not many people know about them.

I look up at him with a smile.

"Yeah you're right, there's not a single person." I feel the smile creeping onto my face. "But there might actually  be two."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dream! Are you ready yet?" Y/N asks from the doorway of our base.

"Almost!" I tuck some more potions and experience bottles to repair my armor inside my bag. "I have to check on something real quick."

"Be quick." I hear her say with a laugh. Her footsteps echo along the floors and she steps outside.

Perfect.

Quickly, I dart down the hall and into the dungeons. Inside only two cells are filled.

"You both better stay quiet." I hiss furiously. Vik and Lazar look up at me fearfully. They both have bloody wounds and tired faces. "Punz will swing by to feed you twice a day. Don't do anything stupid or you'll both be dead before you see the sun. Got it?"