16. A New Ally

Art by @aoluistired on Twitter

2 months later

Dream POV

I quickly pull on a forest green hoodie and jeans. Hurriedly putting on armor and grabbing my weapons.

I run downstairs, sitting at the table is Sapnap, George, and Punz.

"He'll be here soon," Y/N stands in the doorway.

"Yeah," I hand her the black face mask. "He doesn't have the best reputation with women."

"So I've heard," she sighs and slips it on. "Are you sure allying with him is a good idea?"

"We need control of L'Manburg again. If he does anything, we'll overthrow him."

"Not if he's democratically elected," she points out.

"Look, we'll figure this out later, just don't say anything unless I tell you to okay?"

Y/N rolls her eyes. Over the past couple of months, I've gotten to know her much better.
Whenever I tell her to do something, she rolls her eyes and gets all annoyed with me.

She doesn't like to be controlled which is something I'm not used to.

We all wait in silence for a while until knocks are heard at the door.

Punz quickly runs to open it and Y/N disappears into the kitchen as told.

A man in a business suit stands in the doorway. He wears a red tie and a nasty smirk. Two ram horns curl around his head.

"Schlatt," I hear Punz greet him.

"And you are?" Schlatt asks.

"Punz, one of Dream's men," he answers without a hint of emotion.

I see George shift slightly in his chair.

This man has no manners.

Punz leads Schlatt into the dining room and we all stand up as he enters.

"Gentlemen," he greets us. He sits in the chair at the head of the table. I take my place on the opposite side.

Punz sits down next to George and frowns.

I lean slightly back in my chair to glance into the kitchen.

Y/N stands inside holding a tray of water glasses and a pitcher. I give a slight nod.

The air is tense and unfriendly.

Schlatt lets out a long exhale and presses his hands together.

"So Schlatt, what do you have to offer me in exchange for help?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"Well," he looks up at me. "L'Manburg is planning to hold an election, there are several running parties and I want to run too. But I need to make sure that I win this election. Of course, through a rigged poll."

Sapnap shuffles his feet under the table and I see George glance at him.

"I can rig it easily but not without getting caught, I need your help in eliminating the competition."

"You want our help to kill then?" I ask.

"No, just some injuries that prevent them from giving speeches, participating in debates, and other campaigns."

"What are we getting out of this?" I ask.

I see Y/N take a deep breath and enters the room carrying the tray. She begins to set water glasses on the table in front of us.