45. The Butcher Army

Art by @Triona___ on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The torches light up the night, melting the snow above them on the tree branches.

"Techno," Y/N hands him potions of strength, regeneration, swiftness, fire resistance, and a potion of the turtle master. "I have to hide, but I'll be right behind you. I just need to wait for the right moment."

He nods.

"Thank you, good luck."

"You too."

Y/N drinks an invisibility potion and slips away into the forest, unseen.

Techno peers out the window and sees the 5 figures standing on the hill. Netherite armor and axes in hand.

Ghostbur smiles and waves at him.

Techno rolls his eyes.

God no.

He watches as the 5 make their way towards his cabin. He swallows his fear and hefts his sword.

Techno opens the door and sees the 5 of them standing on his doorstep.

"Uh, hey guys," he says awkwardly.

"Technoblade," Quackity greets him curtly. The others look tense.

"Technoblade's not here," Ghostbur says.

"Wilbur, he's right there," Tubbo says, annoyed.

"Ghostbur, maybe you should go," Techno suggests.

"Okay!" He smiles before running off into the forest.

"So why have you guys come to my humble abode in the North?" Techno asks, eyeing their movements carefully.

"You need to pay for your war crimes," Tubbo states.

"That was in the past, I was a different Technoblade. I'm a changed man now. I'm in retirement. I'm a good person."

"It doesn't matter that you've changed," Quackity moves slightly closer, his grip on the axe tightening. "You have to be brought to justice."

"Listen, I've gone to so much effort to change my violent ways. I've reformed. The voices demand blood and I've been denying them. Please, don't make me kill of all you. Please, just leave. Please!"

"We won't let you get out of here in one piece," Quackity says. "It's going to be the easy way for the hard way. Either way, you're coming with us. There's no other way."

The voices get louder.
They scream.
Yell.
They demand for blood.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
KILL KILL KILL KILL
DEATH
E
VIOLENCE
MURDER
KILL THEM ALL
GIVE US BLOOD
EEEEEEEEEEEE

Techno puts a hand into his belt and shifts the potion bottles around.

Y/N watches from a distance.

Phil and Ghostbur watch silently too.

"If there's no other way," Techno glances at the Butcher Amy, surrounding him. "I choose BLOOD!"

He throws the potions to the ground and raises his sword.

"Oh no!" Fundy yells as his sword makes contact with Tubbo.

The Butcher Army moves in and begins to attack.

Techno hits all of them, trying to keep them away.

I need one target. Just one to pick off.