72. The Favor

Art by @pikotii on Reddit

Technoblade POV

"Phil," I stand in front of my best friend, twirling a sword.

"Yeah?" Phil turns around.

"I'm going to visit Dream in the prison."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" he asks. "Almost everyone's who's gone there has gotten locked in or killed," referring to Tommy.

"Ehhhh, I'm not really sure but I have to, to repay Dream. Dream saved my life, I owe him." I gaze past him, out the window where the snowflakes fall.

"This is dangerous Techno," Phil warns.

"I have to. I owe him that favor and he called it in."

Phil sighs.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No," I turn to the chests and start shifting items around. "I don't want you to take any risks for my favor. But..."

I could use some help.

I run back to Phil and stares him the eyes.

"You can help." I pull out a book titled Techno's Will. "I wrote a will."

Phil picks up the book and flips it over, examining the plain leather.

"If I don't make it back, open the book and follow the instructions. You're in charge of distributing my items appropriately."

"How long should I wait?" I glance at Phil's eyes again, filled with concern.

"Ehhh, whenever you feel it's fit. The instructions are in the will."

Phil just nods.

"Okay mate, stay safe okay?"

"Of course," I grin.

I keep my belt empty relatively empty except for the necessities, who knows what will happen in the prison? Just some tools, weapons, and food.

I bid Phil one last goodbye and run off into the snow. I reach the nether portal but my eyes catch a gleam of purple to my left. Y/N.

"Techno?" she asks. She moves closer.

"Oh hey." Seeing her always makes me smile.

"You going?"

"Yeah, to visit Dream in the prison."

"Techno, I'm really not sure about this. Are you sure Dream would want this?" She twists her hands together nervously.

"It's his favor, he called it in."

"Techno," she pauses as if she's about to say something else but stops. "Be careful."

I smile.

"Don't worry about me Aphrodite. But, if I don't make it out, just know, I will always love you."

I lean forward and kiss her forehead gently. She lifts her hand to my cheek and kisses it.

"Don't tell Dream about this," she says with a sad smile.

"I thought you betrayed him?"

Y/N glances at the trees, then the snow at her feet.

"Yeah..."

"Look, I didn't tell Phil this but make sure he opens the will is 3 days. It's important."

"Okay," she nods and waves to me as I walk through the portal. "Bye Techno, see you soon, hopefully."