6. Show Me What You Got

Art by @azeiaann on Twitter

Dream POV

I wake up early the next morning like I always do. Not that I actually need sleep, I've learned to go days without it and still function perfectly fine.

For today, I decide on a forest green hoodie over my T-shirt, some black jeans, and combat boots. I find my netherite armor and strap the plates over. I fasten the mask straps around my head.

But this time, I felt lazy and tied the steps together instead of buckling them.

Downstairs, Y/N sits at the table with George, Sapnap, and Punz. George is complaining about last night while Punz and Sapnap are joking around. She seems to be enjoying her time here.

"Morning," I say.

"Morning Dream," Sapnap yawns.

"Dream I can't believe you," George huffs and crosses his arms.

"He's still going on about last night," Y/N rolls her eyes.

"Enough, we're dropping it," I say with a huff and go to find some breakfast. I make toast and grab some fruit, eating quickly in the kitchen before rejoining them in the dining room.

"We need to train today and plan out the next move."

"What time?" Punz asks sitting upright suddenly.

"We should finish training around noon and put our plan in motion around 1:30."

"What's the plan?" George asks curiously.

"It'll depend on how well you do in training today."

We all hurry into the training room, they find their armor and put it on. 

"How are we starting?" Sapnap lifts his sword and grins.

"We'll start with hand-to-hand combat first, then to iron armor and swords, then to netherite, potions, etc," I glance at them all.

Who can I pair Y/N with? She's fought Punz before with netherite so maybe start with George, just out of spite because of last night.

"Hand-to-hand combat sounds good," Y/N says.  I wonder how good she is without weapons or armor.

"Punz and Sapnap you two match up, and Y/N and George."

"You're such an idiot," George says to me knowing exactly what I'm trying to do.

They all remove their armor and tools, placing them in a chest.

Punz and Sapnap take their places on a mat while Y/N and George face off on another.

"Rules are simple, no breaking bones or any other serious injuries. You win if your opponent is unable to get up after 5 seconds."

They all nod and square up.

Sapnap and Punz start right away, swinging at each other with full force. Y/N and George don't. George balls his hands into fists and watches her closely. Y/N makes both her hands straight and holds them in front.

They both circle each other, neither moving yet. Their eye contact not breaking.

Sapnap holds down Punz for 5 seconds and gives a whoop before standing next to me.

"Neither has thrown a single punch," he scoffs wiping his nose which is bleeding.

"Give it time," I watch Y/N closely. "Her fighting style is different, I'm curious to see how this will end up."

George watches Y/N's movements and suddenly strikes forward. Left hand swinging to come for her jaw.

She blocks his arm with her hand and pushes it away

George staggers back a few steps in surprise and she takes this opportunity to kick him in the stomach.

He coughs and goes for another punch. She ducks under it easily and her hand goes down for his face. It makes contact and he screams unnecessarily.

"George stop being a baby," Sapnap calls.

"That hurt," he whined.

"It always does, suck it up."

George grits his teeth with determination and they move close to each other. He throws several punches at her.

Y/N dodges then easily, a slight smirk on her face.

George stops for a brief second panting, she stops too. Their eyes meet and she smiles.

George looks at her in confusion until she looks down and his gaze follows.

Their legs, tangled together, her legs preventing his feet from moving without falling over.

George moves back but his legs don't follow and he trips and falls.

In a flash, Y/N presses her boot on his chest and a hand to his throat.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..., Y/N wins," I smile as she helps George up.

"Bro, how could you let her?" Sapnap mocks George playfully.

"Shut up Sapnap," he grumbles.

"She's good Sapnap, really good," Punz continues to clean his wounds.

George huffs and wipes off some blood.

"Alright, Sapnap you're with Y/N and George you're with Punz."

They take their positions and start fighting.

Sapnap and Y/N circle each other.

"I promise I'll go easy on you," he says.

"Nah I'm good," she smiles.

"Fine, the pleasure is always mine," he smirks as his fist quickly streaks towards the left side of her face.

I feel myself sit forward, please don't let her get hurt. I don't want to see her beautiful face messed up.

But she slides to the side easily and he stumbles forward. In that one movement, she brings her knee up and hits his nose.

"Ow," he swears under his breath before continuing. 

Punz pushes George to the floor and counts before standing up.

Sapnap licks some blood from his lip and glares at Y/N who smiles confidently at him.

He charges at her and grabs the side of her waist, he gets ready to punch her in the stomach.

As his fist moves down, she twists out of his grip and slides under him easily. Sapnap gasps and she kicks the spot behind his knee.

He turns to face her as his leg collapses on him, just on time to see her fist smashing his lip.

Sapnap falls to the floor in agony and I count 5 seconds.

"Y/N wins," I smile.

"Told you," Punz says.

Sapnap grumbles but says nothing as he grabs a cloth and begins to clean himself. 

"Your turn Dream," Punz says.

"Why?" I cross my arms. I don't really want to fight Y/N, I don't want to hurt her. She's definitely not going to like me if I give her a bloody nose.

"You're the only one who hasn't fought her before, it'll be a good experience."

"Come on Dream," she taunts. "Scared you're gonna lose?"

"Ooooh," George eggs me on and I smirk.

"Fine, you want to fight? Then let's fight."

I stand opposite Y/N and we both stare each other down. 

"Show me what you got," I say.

I watch her movements carefully.

Little did I know, that this would be one of the most shocking fights I've ever done.

——————————————————————————————

1,143 words

Hah, I left you on a cliffhanger 😏

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!