78. With Me or Against Me?

Art by @Oniimely on Twitter

Wait? Is this a new book? 😏(See announcement under my profile)

(See announcement under my profile)

Dream POV

2 months later

The sun sparkles brightly overheard. The sky is pure blue with not a cloud in sight. A gentle breeze blows through the Smp causing the leaves to shake, the grass to sway, and the water to ripple. All is calm.

I crouch underneath a small green shrub. Patience is key when hunting. My hand grips my netherite axe tightly and I push my mask up slightly and wait.

I'd been hiding in the new base in the forest that
Y/N and I moved to just before the Doomsday War. She left everything of mine there, all my clothes, armor, weapons, and back up masks.

Strangely, she left all my stuff but took all her own personal belongings.

She just decided to leave me behind.

Footsteps approaching make me glance up from my hiding spot. I peer above the leaves. A figure in diamond armor and an iron helmet stands in front of the prison. I stealthily move closer to examine the person. I catch a glimpse of clout goggles and brunette hair.

It's George.

I shoot an arrow at him to get his attention. George turns around quickly, sword raised. I emerge from the forest and walk toward him.

"Dream?" he asks. He blinks at me slowly. George is exactly the same as when I last saw him. I can't remember when I saw him last though.

Was it after I dethroned him?

"George!" I run toward him by stop a few paces away.

"Was that you?" He points at the flaming arrow still stuck in the ground.

"Yeah," I study his face for any joy or relief but he just seems, confused.

"So you're out of prison huh?"

"Yeah, how does that make you feel? Did you miss me?" I ask. George didn't visit me at all. Even Bad and Sapnap did. George and I were as close as Sapnap and I, closer even.

But he didn't care.

"You were in there a long time," George says nonchalantly. "Why?"

Why isn't he happy to see me at least?

"I don't know, they wouldn't let me out," is all I say. "I had to be broken out."

Does he know? Does he even know what happened? What I did?

"I thought you were smart. I thought you could break yourself out."

I flinch slightly at his comment.