69. Alive?

Art by @bok_ch0y on Twitter

Oooh chapter 69 😏

Nothing sus is happening sorry 😕

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Sam walks through the prison, checking each area carefully.

I don't get it. What happened? What was the TNT supposed to do? The roof is made of obsidian. There's no way the TNT could blast through.

Was it an attempt at a distraction? For Dream to escape? Who else would be working with him?

Y/N and Punz seem most likely but they both betrayed Dream.

Ranboo? He's kind of sketchy, Dream did say he blew up the Community House.

Has to be Techno right? He's worked with Techno many times in the past, they're basically friends. Techno wasn't there during the confrontation with Dream either.

Sam clutches his head as his thoughts continue to swirl inside.

Dreams a manipulator, a liar, and a plotter. He must be planning an escape.

He shakes his head again and continues toward Dream's cell. He needs to feed him.

Sam lowers the lava slowly with the lever and stares at the falling lava. But when the lava reaches the bottom, he is greeted by Dream, and, Tommy.

"Sam! Sam!" Tommy screams.

"Wait, Tommy?" Sam asks.

"I'll still here!"

"Tommy?"

Sam immediately sends the bridge over and Tommy steps onto it. Once he's safely on the other side, Sam stares at him in disbelief.

"How are you here? You were dead." His voice trails off at the end.

"You've taken a month to come and get me!" Tommy shouts. "More than what the waiver said! Then you let me die. You let him kill me."

"Tommy let's go," Sam turns around and beckons Tommy to follow, his steps stagger slightly as if in a daze.

The two of them walk through the main lobby and Sam opens the doors for Tommy to walk out.

Tommy gasps as the sunlight hits him for the first time in a month. He breathes in the fresh air and smiles at the familiar sight of the green grass and trees.

Everyone thinks I'm dead. I was dead to them for a month.

Without thinking, he sets off, running to his old home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tommy faces his door to his house. The pathway dotted with flowers and a large statue of him looks ahead.

He stands there, watching the grass sway in the breeze. The wind flutters the leaves of the tree next to the bench.

"Tommy?" Hearing his name, Tommy turns around and sees Tubbo.

Tears well up in both their eyes and Tommy throws himself into Tubbo's arms. Tubbo hugs him back tightly, sobbing into his shoulder.

"This can't be real," Tubbo whispers.

Tommy pulls away for a second to stare into his best friend's blue eyes.

"It is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dream is too dangerous. Wether locked up or free, he can still hurt people." Tommy stands in front of Tubbo and Ranboo in the Snowchester mansion.

"But we can't kill him," Tubbo says. "He has the Revival Book remember? I need it or we'll be dead forever."