77. Aftermath

Art by ???

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Punz, we have to split up," Sapnap says. "No one else stands a chance against Dream."

"Where would he even go though?" Punz glances around at their surroundings. "I'll go..." He pauses to rotate in a slow circle, his blue eyes scanning the area.

North, I have to go north.

"You run that way." He points south. "I'll run this way." He turns to point north.

"Okay, okay, we'll meet back here in 8 hours," Sapnap agrees before running off.

Punz quickly heads in the opposite direction. He stops just before the water and smiles.

"Alright, now that Sapnap's gone. Hmmm, I wonder where he could be. Definitely not in, a hidden location." He chuckles to himself sarcastically.

He swims through the river and reaches the ocean. Pulling out his trident and swiftly cutting through the choppy, blue waves.

"It's been a long time coming. He took way longer than he should've but that's alright."

Soon, the air begins to chill rapidly and snowflakes begin to fall. Punz stops on a snowy bank and frowns.

"Should be around here somewhere." He tridents to the land opposite him and grins. "Ah, there he is."

Crouched, hidden under a tall pine tree, covered in snow is a figure in orange. Dream glances up warily but the relief quickly floods his face.

"Punz!" he gasps out and pushes the branches aside so he can stand up. "Yes! Long time no see buddy!"

"Dream!" Punz can hardly contain his excitement and rushes toward him. He engulfs Dream in a tight hug and laughs. "I thought the plan was to meet you here ages ago! I've been waiting for so long!"

They pull away and Punz presses a hand tightly to his forehead, sighing with relief.

I was worried something could have happened to him, with people looking for him and all. No armor though, wonder what happened.

"Plans went a little south," Dream says. "Do you have armor for me?"

"Oh yeah," Punz pulls out his ender chest and roots through it, pulling out a set of enchanted netherite, minus the boots and a netherite pickaxe.

Dream gratefully takes it and puts it on, resettling the straps a bit.

"Being in isolation for so long probably does a number on you."

"Yeah," Dream rubs the back of his neck. "But Techno came and got me out, he owed me a favor."

"It took me a while to get here, ran into some things on the way but I found it. I hope you did okay in prison."

"I think I'll take a bit of time to enjoy myself and maybe plan something." Dream smiles, knowing exactly where to head next.

"I'm glad I could see you again," Punz smiles. "Even though it took a while, I'm glad you're okay."

"But I'm out though now, and I should get going." He lowers his voice even though there isn't anyone for miles. "Wouldn't want us to be seen together. But, I owe you big time."

"I'll talk to you soon," Punz promises.

"If you ever see a sign, I don't want to specify, I'll be in your tower okay."

Punz nods and waves goodbye as Dream runs off into the setting sun.

He stands there for a bit, just staring at the snowfall before collecting his things and heading back.