10. Talking

Art by @BeebLovesYou on Twitter

Y/N POV

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask him.

"Well," Eret looks around and gestures for me to come inside.

"I can't stay long," I say following him. "I have to be back soon."

"Okay, well Dream talks about you, a lot."

"Really?" I ask in surprise.

Dream talks about me?

"Yeah, he mentions you to me a lot and brings you up in pretty much every conversation," he shrugs. "That guy is down bad for you."

"Sapnap already told me and I can tell that he's into me but I'm not sure if I want to let him"

"Make him dance, make him work to earn you," he grins.

"I've been doing that," I say. "He's just busy."

"Wait until after the war," Eret smirks.

"Maybe, anyways, what is Dream planning for the endgame?"

Eret sighs and looks at me.

"Why do you want to know?"

"In case it involves me and if I can do anything to improve it," I say.

"Fine, since L'Manburg still trusts me, during the battle, I'll lead them into a room, The Final Control Room, telling them that I've prepared a secret weapon. In the room are chests with their names on them, empty. A small button is in the center of the room. When pressed, the walls open up and the Dream Smp army will rush through. They're supposed to splash potions and strength and fire resistance beforehand. And yes, you're one of them, each of you gets a separate tunnel to head through that eventually opens up to the room."

"Hmmm, well that's good but you could have redstone dispensers that drop the potions right before we head in. That way, we'll be fully ready."

"That's actually a good idea, I guess Dream was right," he muses to himself.

"Wait what did he say?" I ask.

Eret smirks.

"He said you were really smart."

"I should have figured he would say that about me."

"That guy wants you," he says. "Now it's late, you should head back now that I told you what you need to know."

"Yes thank you," I turn to leave but pause as something strikes me. "What are you getting out of this?"

"Oh, Dream promised to make me king of the Greater Dream Smp."

"How nice, I'll call you King Eret after the war," I say sarcastically.

"After we win the war," he corrects.

"Men are so cocky," I smile before heading off into the night.

I head through the forest and find Dream standing outside.

"Finally," he grumbles. "None of you are back yet except for George who went to bed."

"I thought Sapnap and Punz would be back," I shrug. "And I got a bit distracted."

"Mhm, sure."

"Let's just go inside."

Dream and I both head inside, the base is quiet.

"Dream?" I ask the darkness.

"Yeah?" His hand finds mine and holds it tightly. "I'm right here."

I remember what Eret told me.