8. First Move

Art by @misomal on Reddit

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Okay so, here's the plan," Dream leans over the table with a map of the Dream Smp and L'Manburg marked as "enemy." "Y/N will sneak into L'Manburg and spy on them, report back at lunchtime on anything you find. Sapnap and I will go create a distraction. George will stay at the base to make sure they don't try and infiltrate while we're gone. And Punz will set up the cannons and gather the necessary materials for our end game plan."

"Everyone got it?"

"Can I just sleep?" George asks. He rubs his eyes tiredly. "It's too early and they're not going to try and attack us."

"No, just stay alert," Dream orders.

"What's the end game plan?" Y/N asks.

Sapnap glances at Punz and they both look at Dream. He purses his lips under the mask.

I don't want to tell her yet.

"That confidential information," he says.

"I'll find out for myself," she shrugs.

"No you won't," Dream says.

"I will," she smiles.

"Okay anyways, any other questions?" He says turning to the others.

"Yeah, what kind of distraction?" Sapnap asks.

Dream smirks.

"It involves fire."

Sapnap's eyes widen and he flicks a flint and steel between his fingers.

"This is gonna be fun."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N drinks an invisibility position and climbs down from the cobblestone walls encasing the black and yellow walls.

She tiptoes into the camarvan and hides under one of the counters. She slips out a small notepad and pen.

Soon, footsteps fill the van and she sees multiple pairs of boots.

"Now gentlemen," a voice with a thick British accent says. "You may be wondering why I called you all here."

"Yeah, what the fuck Wil?" A loud voice yells. "I was busy farming."

"Like you couldn't spare 15 minutes while they grew," another voice says in an annoyed voice.

"Shut up."

"Right so what is it Wil?" a deep British voice asks.

"Well, as you know, we are at war"

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," the loud voice says again.

"Tommy don't interrupt," a quieter voice says.

"Sorry," he mumbles.

"Anyways," Wil clears his throat. "They will be planning an attack soon, we have to be ready for anything. That means collecting all our belongings and bringing them here to keep them safe. We also need to make war preparations, collecting armor, enchanting, making weapons, TNT, and most importantly," he pauses. "End crystals"

A collective gasp is heard.

"Wil, that'll be hard and very destructive, we don't want to damage L'Manburg," the quiet voice says.

"True, but Tubbo, but we can just threaten them and decide not to blow it up on our land."

"Oooh, I want to see Dream scared," Tommy says earning a laugh from the rest.