100. The Dream Team

Art by @careously on Twitter

The art is very misleading about the chapter lmao

Angst for chapter 100

Warning: You probably will cry

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"Ohhhhhh Dream!" Sapnap chases the green blur through the forest.

"Stay away Sapnap!" Dream calls over his shoulder. He ducks under a tree, hiding behind its thick trunk.

"Don't think I can do that Dream," Sapnap replies.  His footsteps stop as he starts to listen for Dream. "You just attacked my kingdom, that's not something I can just let you run away with."

His footsteps begin to move closer, Dream takes slow, shallow breaths as he readies his sword.

Sapnap moves closer and closer. Dream crouches, ready to attack.

He hears a twig snap off to his left as he takes a deep breath.

Dream lunges out from his hiding spot, sword swinging. Sapnap stumbles back but is quick to block Dream's sword with his own.

"Just give me my fucking armor, then I'll gladly leave and never touch your kingdom again." Their swords clash together. "You did ask me to pay a visit to Kinoko but there wasn't a door so I just had to—" he pauses, smirking. "Announce my presence."

Sapnap snarls and lunges for him again.

"I don't want to kill your for it Sap," Dream stalks closer. "Just take it off. I don't want to rip it off your dead body."

Sapnap chuckles. "Well, that would be nice, if I actually had it."

"What?" Dream's expression under the mask falters.

"Yeah," Sapnap smirks. "I don't have it."

Fuck.

Hopefully, Y/N can find the book.

"I wish I had the Book of Death on me right now to kill you with but, I don't have it." Sapnap and Dream both circle each other, swords pointing at each other's faces.

Then Y/N at least has a chance at finding it.

"But," Sapnap lunges forward so their swords meet in an x. "Do you have the Revival Book on you?"

Dream's breathing hitches but he forces himself to stay calm.

Yes.

"Obviously not," he plays it cool, grateful for his mask. "I destroyed it remember? I'm the Revival Book."

"Well then," Sapnap's smirk widens. "Guess I can just kill you myself."

Sapnap sprints at Dream who dodges his sword, taking out his shield.

"I've been waiting for this for so long," Sapnap grins, swiping again.

"And I've been waiting for this," Dream smiles back. He uses pulls up his shield to block the sword. "We're finishing what we started."

"Yeah," Sapnap smiles. "When I should have killed you."

Dream slices his sword across Sapnap's cheek leaving a bloody scratch. Sapnap presses one hand to his injury, checking the blood.

He snarls and swings at Dream leaving a scratch on his arm.

Dream and Sapnap swipe viciously at each other, anger and hate filling their eyes.

Dream's eyes glow green as he uses his power. Sapnap drinks a strength potion to counter.

Their blades lock in an x once again. They both growl in each other's faces as their eyes remain focused.