44- Do The Impossible

Season 5 x 22

'I always wanted to be a hero. To use my extraordinary abilities to help people. That's why I came here. To meet my family. To stop Cicada. Help fix the Flash and Bolt's legacy. And save them from disappearing in the future. I believed I could do the impossible. But I never imagined it would turn out like this'

Ralph stretches out in-between the mirror gun and the dagger, stopping it from getting hit and being destroyed. They all stand there in shock by what he had just done, "No. No! What's he doing?" Nora shouts.

They all watch as Ralph's body is deformed from the affect of the mirror gun blast, and rush over to him, "Cicada....Thawne.....dagger" he manages to say to the team, as they then see Grave grab the dagger and fly away.

They manage to get Ralph back to STAR Labs, where Caitlin went right to work trying to figure out how to fix him. "How's Ralph?" he asks her, as she comes out of the med-bay.
"I've never seen anything like it. I can't quite figure it out. His cells are kinetically inverted" she explains bringing up what was going on, on the monitor, "It's like they're the reverse of themselves"

"Should've spent more time trying to figure out how this thing works" Cisco says placing the mirror gun down on the desk.
"I just don't understand why he would jump in front of that blast. I mean, why would he do that?" Nora then asks everyone.

"That's the question, isn't it?" Sherloque says to her, "That's the question" he repeats walking away.
"In other news, Cicada deuce is still MIA" Cisco says.

"All right, we should get to CCPD. See if we can find anything that could help us track her" Barry says to Nora and Katrina, who nod at him.
"Iris, you and Dick mind heading to the loft, Dick, use the Wayne tech run facial recognition for outside of Central City" Katrina asks him.
"No problem boss" he says, "it's weird to call you boss" he then smiles at her.

"Get use to it, if you're going to be on this team" she says, as he and Iris then leave the cortex, Barry, Katrina and Nora speeding off for CCPD.

Barry, Katrina and Nora stand in the bullpen of CCPD where Grace had attacked all of them, "Well, the work's not done yet" they hear Joe saying to Captain Singh, as the two of them, and Cecile walk through, "I mean, metas are safe for now, but Cicada's still out there, so the people are still in danger"
"Fill me in on the details" Singh says as the head off.

"I'm ready for this nightmare to end" Barry says pulling on his gloves.
"Should've been over already" Nora comments.
"Nora, look. I'm sure Ralph had a good reason. Until we figure out what it is, we just gotta concentrate on this, all right?" Barry says to her, and she nods in agreement.

Katrina look around, when she then notices something on the floor, "Hey, I may not be a CSI anymore but I still know how to spot something, any idea why this is here" she says, as she then grabs tweezers from Barry's CSI kit, and picks up what she had spotted.
"What is that?" Nora asks her.

"Looks like wood" Barry say examining it.
"From what? I mean, the floor's marble. Furniture's untouched, and the skylight's made of glass and metal" Nora says to them.
"Then if it didn't come from Cicada's point of entry..."Katrina starts to say.
"She must have brought it from somewhere else" Nora adds looking at her parents.

Katrina, Barry and Nora bring the shard of wood back to STAR Labs, getting Cisco to look at it, "Definitely some kind of wood fragment" he says examining it.
"You think that it could help lead us to where Cicada's hiding?" Katrina asks him.
"We can find out. We can cross-reference this see what kind of wood it is. Then see where we end up" he say walking away with it.

"Is there any progress on Ralph?" Barry asks Caitlin.
"No, he's still unconscious, and I can't figure out a way to reverse his cells" she tells him, as they all head to the cortex following Cisco.
"So, I guess that means we still don't know why he jumped in front of that Mirror Gun, do we?" Nora asks her.