Chapter 39

LISA

"I don't know, I like them all." I answered honestly.

An ominous smile spread across Rosé's face. "Then it's time to try it on."

As she said this, she threw me one of the dresses. So I got down to slipping into the dress while Rosé looked around in my closet. She put a few pieces over her arm, but I couldn't tell what they were.

Finally inside the dress, I looked in the mirror. She gave me the purple dress first and I had to say it didn't look bad. With a questioning look, I turned to Rosé, who eyed me critically.

"Ehh, I don't think that's your dress. You look kinda Gothic." She complained.

"Gothic is sexy." I laughed which made her face grimace.

But she was right that the dress didn't suit me. I looked kind of pale in it, even paler than usual.

"Maybe put some make-up on me..." I thought, but she just shook her head and pointed to the other dresses

So I changed the dress again. The blue dress this time. Lo and behold, it was perfect. It fit like a glove, it was a lot tighter and shorter, and the sweetheart neckline was a little lower as expected, but it didn't look cheap, on the contrary it made me kind of... mysterious. Although it was also quite a dark shade, it didn't make me look dead, my skin seemed more clean and soft. Rosé's eyes widened.

"It's beautiful, you have to wear it tonight!" She squeaked enthusiastically.

I tried on the red dress later, on Chaeng's instructions, but it just couldn't top the other one.

"Can I try this on?" She asked me. And pointed to the strapless dress she had picked out earlier. It was black, like most of my party dresses, and covered with some kind of netting.

"Sure thing, I'm sure it looks cute on you." I encouraged her.

When we finally got our clothes, all we needed were shoes and accessories. I myself decided on black high heels with a dark grey, velvety heel, several bracelets and a small silver chain.

Since it was about time to fix myself, I started with the subtle but visible make-up, I left my hair down. Fully dressed and styled, I went in search of Chaeyoung, who had said fifteen minutes ago that she had to go to the bathroom. I was slowly wondering where she was.

"Chaeng? Do you need much longer?" I asked through the bathroom door.

No answer. I opened the door and looked inside. But she wasn't inside.

"Damn it! Rosé, where are you?" I called worriedly through the apartment and ran into the kitchen. I had a bad feeling, which was confirmed seconds later when I discovered her in front of the open fridge. Oh shit!

"Chaeng, what are you doing?" I asked as if I had no idea what she was staring at.

"I just wanted to see if you guys had anything to eat and then I saw this." She murmured in complete shock. She slowly turned to me and looked at me in shock. "Lisa, why is your fridge full of blood?"

Her shaky voice made me wince. How should I answer her?

"That... isn't blood." I said not very imaginative, but then gave me an inner jolt. I was a half vampire, I could do better than that. "It's just water with food coloring, nothing serious. My dad has been back here for a few days, he needs the stuff for some experiments at his job. Why would I stash blood in my fridge?"

I faked a laugh to show how absurd that was. Chaeyoung seemed reasonably reassured, although she still looked a bit confused.

"I'm serious, you can trust me. That's not blood."

Rosé nodded briefly and then tried a smile. "You're right, I was stupid to think it might be."

"It's good that we have clarified that, then we can go now. Jennie will be waiting." I changed the subject and unobtrusively pulled her towards the door.

"Jennie is waiting for us at the party, my twin brother will pick us up." She corrected me.

"Well then alright." I spurred her on as I opened the front door. "What's your brother's name?"

I had noticed that I had never met him, I didn't even know his name.

And just as my eyes fell on him and my brain put the pieces of the puzzle together, Rosé said the name I least hoped to hear.

"Eric. His name is Eric."