Chapter 6

LISA

I was totally caught up in the exhilaration his warm blood gave me. It flowed in streams from his carotid artery into my vena cava while he had lapsed into his kind of rigidity.

Yes, the more blood I drank, the more I could feel. It wasn't much I felt but enough to make my high even better than it already was.

He was getting weaker, but I couldn't let go of him yet. I wanted more. For the first time since I'd lost my feelings, I had the urge to get them back, real feelings, not just vague moods. And even though I knew Eric's blood couldn't bring them back with me, I had to try.

Now I should stop at the latest, otherwise there really was a danger that he would die. But in the head there was no 'stop', only the word 'more'. I didn't think about the consequences, just his blood.

Until suddenly I was suddenly torn away from him. Eric immediately collapsed, passed out from the loss of blood. At first I wanted to run towards him again to continue sucking, but before I had walked two steps, I was grabbed from behind and pulled backwards again. I felt the fog in my head lift bit by bit and I was able to think clearly again. Eric's rescuer was still holding me, so I freed myself from the grip. Only now did I realize that I hadn't even looked at who it was.

I turned and saw a werewolf I was sure I had seen before. Here at school.

And then I remembered, it was one of Jen's buddies, but not Jeongyeon with the honey blonde hair, but the other one with light brown hair who had been sleeping in class. I didn't know her name though.

"Who are you?" I asked not exactly friendly.

"My name is Jisoo. I'm in Jennie's pack." She replied curtly.

Apparently Jen's full name was Jennie and Jen was just an abbreviation, I kind of figured that too.

"And what was that about? Why did you pull me away from him? Why are you here anyway?" I asked her, after all someone wouldn't walk around in the last corner of the library all day long and take the food away from the next vampire who came along.

"Well, first of all, you were about to kill that boy. I was just helping him." She defended herself, skipping my last question.

"And what are you doing here?" I started again, the fact that she had left out this very question only gave me one more reason to dig deeper.

Jisoo hesitated, but then said. "Jennie told me to keep an eye on you. You may be her mate, but you are also a vampire who is in our territory. In any case, it wasn't a mistake, without me he would be dead by now." She pointed to Eric, who was still unconscious.

I didn't answer, realizing she was right. It had been wrong to drink his blood. I recognized that and it even gnawed at me. Because, as I said, I could feel a little with fresh blood, even if it wasn't enough to give me a really bad conscience.

It was like there was a wall in my head separating me from my feelings. And if I drank a person's blood directly, it was as if a very small hole was punched in the wall, through which I could feel something. But that only lasted a few hours, maybe days, before the hole was walled up again.

I looked around silently and spotted a table and chair not far away, and still protected by bookshelves from the eyes of the few other students in the library. I pulled Eric's body onto the chair and rested his head on his arms, then I took some book off the bookshelf, opened it up and placed it so it looked like he had fallen asleep while studying. Jisoo just stood next to me and watched.

"Will he remember?" Jisoo asked worriedly when I was done.

I shook my head. "If at all, then only in fragments, like in a dream." I explained.

To say goodbye, I briefly raised my hand and turned to go, because Eric would wake up soon and we shouldn't be here anymore.

I was already past the students, out of the library. And I almost thought I had made it when Jisoo suddenly grabbed my arm from behind and whirled backwards so that our faces were only a few centimeters apart.

"Sorry blondie, but I'll take you to Jennie for now, she'll decide what happens to you."

Damn it!

-

A/N: Lisa is such girl boss just like me!! 😭