Chapter 14

LISA

Startled, I pulled my teeth out of her neck. My head exploded. Feelings, questions, fears all poured into me at the same time.

Jennie looked at me confused. "Lili, are you okay?"

At the sound of her worried voice, the chaos in my head increased a little tenfold.

"I... just a second, please." I murmured, letting my head sink into her chest.

After a while I was 100% sure of three things:

1. I had no idea what had just happened and why Jennie hadn't passed out like she usually would when a vampire drinks from someone.

2. My feelings were back and by that I didn't mean just a few, but all of them.

Just like other half-vampires, as I got older, my feelings slowly diminished and then disappeared. However, that they were back now was a miracle of impossibility.

3. Throughout this whole emotional jumble, one fact clearly dominated.

I was sure that I liked Jennie, really. I could hear her heart pounding in my ear and I felt safer than I've ever felt with anyone.

I carefully pulled away from her to look at her. She stroked my cheeks lightly and looked at me. There was uncertainty in her eyes, he didn't know what was going on.

"Your blood has it... well, when I drank from you..." I stuttered, I wasn't used to being hurt, but not knowing how to deal with my feelings made me realize I was the same way. Vulnerable.

"Somehow that triggered something and now... I have my feelings back again."

"For real?"

I nodded, waiting for her reaction. I slowly lowered my gaze. I was already clear to her mate, but why should she like me after everything I had done to her. After I told her that I would never accept her.

She put her hand under my chin and pushed it up so I had to look at her. I saw her grin for a split second before she pulled me the last few inches to her face and pressed her lips to mine. My brain was completely fuzzy, her lips moving perfectly to mine. When did I start kissing back? No matter actually. I reached up and gently ran my hands through her dark hair, it was incredibly soft. She then pushed me closer to her, frightened I grabbed her hair harder. Demanding, she ran her tongue over my bottom lip and I opened my mouth a little. She let her tongue in and deepened the kiss for a moment before pulling back and gently but firmly breaking the kiss.

She laid her forehead against mine and looked at me with those sparkling eyes, I looked back.

"You have no idea how happy you just made me." She whispers and her breath hit me, I immediately got goosebumps. Looking at her made someone think of perfection, but the scar she had, broke through it and made her even more perfect to me.

"I hate perfection, but you're really beautiful." I murmured softly. And at the same time I couldn't believe that I had actually said it.

She started laughing and I hit her in the chest lightly, but I couldn't suppress a small smile. She just kept going and finally gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Thanks, you don't look bad either." She said, still grinning.

"Asshole."

"No, sweetie. Is that how you talk to your future alpha?" She joked, being so lighthearted I couldn't believe it was actually Jennie. Okay, I haven't known her that long, but I still didn't think she was the type.

I didn't answer and looked at my watch. It was well past midnight.

I reluctantly rolled off her as I was still eating on her.

"You can tell that you should have been asleep by now." I grinned.

"Hey, and you not or what?" She asked, looking like a little girl.

How could everything change in such a short time and how on earth could she look so cute while sulking?

"I have the ultimate half vampire bonus, so off to bed."

"Are you really not sleeping?"

"Yes, but never longer than 5 hours." I explained and considered whether I should take the next step.

"Jennie, how... so how was that for you? When I drank from you, I mean. You did not faint and I was wondering... why you didn't." I finally got over myself and asked her the question that was bothering me the whole time.

She looked at me for a while and seemed to consider.

"It wasn't that bad or anything, a little weird maybe, but it didn't hurt. And the fact that you got your feelings back and I didn't faint was probably just because I'm a werewolf and your soulmate at this point." She said, smiling at the same time. "Don't worry about anything, sweetie."

She took me in her arms and pulled me towards her. It didn't take long for me to find myself slowly drifting off to sleep, snuggled against her chest. And for the first time in a long time, I had a smile on my face.