Chapter 3

LISA

At exactly 7:05 a.m. I opened my eyes and was instantly wide awake. I got out of bed with a pull and ran to the bathroom. When I got I undressed there, stood in the shower and let the water rain down on me. I always took a cold shower, it would be stupid if I didn't, because I hardly noticed the difference.

After I was done, I did what you do in the morning: get dressed, brush your teeth, apply lotion, make-up. Whereby I was mainly concerned with putting on make-up to give my skin a little color, although I wasn't quite as extremely chalky as purebred vampires. A bit of mascara, that's it. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing black fabric hot pants and a tight, dark purple top.

Plain and unobtrusive.

If it weren't for the completely black eyes and the equally dark hair that swallowed any light in a matt black, plus the unearthly perfection of my facial features and my skin, which every supernatural being possessed. Well, I would just put on a pair of sunglasses, you couldn't really do anything about the rest.

I got my school bag, which had been stowed away in my closet over the holidays, and threw a pad and pen into it. I didn't get my books until today at school.

For breakfast I quickly got a blood bag. There was nothing more satisfying than a morning bloodlust.

I normally don't eat anything, vampires weren't designed to eat solid food. I could, since I wasn't a full vampire, but it didn't do me any good, so I let it go. I decided to drive, so I grabbed my sunglasses and got in my car. I drove with him to the school that I had driven past several times last month and therefore already knew where it was. However, nobody had ever been there, logically there were also holidays. With so many students, things looked a little different. Most of the parking spaces were occupied. Younger children got off the bus and there was a hectic hustle and bustle in front of the front doors. I scanned the location and then I drove into one of the few free parking spaces that were in the shade.

Before I got out, I turned the rear view mirror to see myself in it. Then I tried to put on a smile, which should look as real as possible. I failed across the board. It felt weird and it was more strenuous than I thought it would be to pull up the corners of your mouth and leave them that way. So I decided to let it be.

I opened the door and got out.

A few students standing around turned to me, their eyes immediately stuck to me. But I was used to that, the supernatural or actually anything alien had either a repulsive or fascinating effect on people. Thanks to our looks, it was mostly the latter. But I promptly saw the admiring looks of the boys, and there were also some jealous, hate-filled eyes from one or the next two other girls.

Without noticing them, I walked past them towards the entrance. People were so miserable and so predictable.

I looked around the building, but since it was a really big school, the way to the principle was signposted. I followed the directions and stopped in front of a gray door with a plaque of sorts next to it that said 'Principle Office, Mrs Brown'.

I knocked and after a "Come in." I entered the room. It was bright and orderly, a slender woman was sitting at the desk, again a glance was enough.

She was a vampire, I'm one hundred percent sure about it.

"Hi, my name is Lalisa Manoban. I'm a new student this year." I said, trying to ignore that fact.

She just nodded and gave me my papers, books and locker keys.

I was already at the door when she seemed to remember something. "You're not the only one here at school."

"The only vampire." I replied, stopping my movement. "Yes, I see that."

"No, the only supernatural one from the students." She corrected me. I turned around and my mind immediately flew back to yesterday's werewolf.

"Werewolves?" I asked, already knowing the answer. Of course it had to be them, where there was one there were always several. She just nodded and I left the room.

I walked down the aisle looking for my locker.

162, 163, 164, ...

I counted in my head until I got to number 172. My locker. I opened it and put the books I had just received inside. I glanced at my schedule, the first lesson was history.

Without further ado, I packed my stuff in my pocket and walked in the direction I expected the room to be.

I didn't see them until I almost walked past them because of all the students standing and running around uselessly. There were three of them, and they were leaning in the door to the room where I was now teaching. I only saw the faces of two and that was enough to know that they were members of the werewolf pack here. If someone wasn't normal, you could just feel it and you could see it if you knew what to look out for. For example, the often mentioned black eyes, as well as the unearthly good looks.

Of the two girls who turned to me, one had light brown hair and the other even lighter, honey-colored hair. They were both quite tall and lanky, but still had muscles clearly visible. I only saw the back of the head of the third, but I realized she had what I thought was a mess of hair. I hoped they wouldn't notice me, or at least not pay much attention to me, but just then I looked at one of the honey haired girl's direction and it caught the attention of the other two.

The one with the dark hair, who had turned her back on me until now, turned to me and our eyes met for the second time in the last two days.

Her black eyes with the red color around them, which slowly faded towards the inside of the eye, immediately reminded me of her. It was yesterday's girl from the park and it almost seemed like my heart would skip a beat at the sight of her.