Chapter 4

LISA

I couldn't tear my gaze away from her, it was like it was super glued in place.

She took a few steps, very slowly, as if afraid to scare me.

When she stood in front of me, she opened her mouth slightly and started to speak... but just then the school bell rang. I broke my rigidity and quickly walked past her to the classroom.

She just stood still, as if she had yet to grasp what had just happened.

As I walked past her friends through the door, I heard one of them, the one with the honey-colored hair girl, call out to her. "Hey Jen, come on, class is starting."

So Jen was the name of the girl from the park, her mere name made me hungry, understandable her blood. Though I wouldn't drink it under any circumstances.

I stopped my thoughts and looked around.

Most of the seats were already taken, but I was able to get one in the last row next to a blond girl. I sat down and out of the corner of my eye I saw her give me a puzzled look.

She must have been waiting for me to say something, but when I didn't, she just started. "Hi, I'm Rosé."

I thought about just ignoring her, but since I wanted to act as normal as possible, I tried to smile as genuinely as possible.Even if it couldn't be convincing at all, she didn't let that deter her, but continued to look at me expectantly.

"Lisa." I answered her unspoken question and regretted it at the same time because it seemed to encourage about what she was doing.

"Are you new at school?" She asked me further.

Gosh, why did I answer her at all, now she's going to keep questioning me.

I just nodded slightly, hoping she would stop talking to me. I don't need a friend.

She was just starting to speak again when the teacher came. It had rang five minutes ago. Late on the first day of school, well, well.

He introduced himself as a Mr. Song and apologized for his delay.

Since school was starting and the courses were newly arranged, he probably didn't even notice that I was new or he didn't care. In any case, I didn't have to introduce myself, which didn't bother me at all.

Mr. Song started his history class and I looked around. My eyes found her immediately. Jen sat bored in her chair across the room. I watched as she tilted her head slightly and stretched her t-shirt over her shoulders. I was sure that she must have a high position in the pack, maybe a beta or even an alpha.

To her right was one of her buddies, the brown-haired one. She had laid her head on her arms and seemed about to fall asleep. In complete contrast to the one with the lighter hair, she sat to her left and kept raising her hand the whole time. I think the teacher called her Jeongyeon.

The hour dragged on and when the doorbell rang I got up immediately to go. But I hadn't counted on Rosé, who started talking again as soon as the lesson was over.

"Oh myyy, that was so boring, luckily I've got two hours of English now, I'm really good at that, what about you?" She started.

I looked at my schedule. "Geography and then math." I replied.

"Too bad, well maybe we'll have other classes together later." She said as I walked down the aisle and she ran after me. "If you want, I can show you around the school during the break." Rosé offered me.

I looked at her and thought about it. In itself there was nothing bad about it, but she always asked so many questions...

I shook my head and said curtly. "Not really necessary." Then I walked a little faster and looked for the way to the room where I was now having class.

The rest of the morning passed normally, I didn't see Jen, her girls or even Rosé anymore.

When the lunch break started, most went to the cafeteria, while I decided to look around a bit.

I ran out to the gym, discovered the benches in the schoolyard and the smoking area. In the school building I looked at the different rooms where I had my subjects and the toilets. I also found the library on the second floor.

I decided to start doing my homework, but I had to walk downstairs to do it because I had left my stuff in the locker.

When I arrived at my locker, however, someone was already waiting for me and I didn't mean Rosé.

As if she knew I was coming, Jen leaned there.

I considered leaving before she spotted me, but quickly dismissed that. I hadn't done anything to her.

As if she was reading my mind, she turned her head and looked at me. Undeterred, I continued on my way.

Arriving at my locker, I looked at her waiting because she was still standing in front of it and I was therefore denied opening it. But she didn't react.

"You're in the way." I pointed out.

She inhaled sharply and took a step forward so that we were face to face.

Suddenly she raised her hands and placed them on my cheeks, holding my face tightly.

Perplexed and frozen by the sudden closeness, I looked up at her, but I couldn't read her gaze. Some part of my brain wondered how tall she was, probably around 175 cm.

"Your voice is beautiful." She murmured softly, but still enough for me to understand. Her voice was rough, but very soft and deep, which I hadn't noticed yesterday in the rain. But the words irritated me despite the pleasant voice.

I think she has lost her mind. I wondered in my mind.

"What is wrong with you?" I yelled, trying to push her away. But she didn't seem to care.

Why was I also a half-vampire, they had no chance against a powerful werewolf.

After a few seconds, she actually took her hands off my face, but now to wrap them around my body and pull me towards her.

It was like breaking down a wall, her body heat flashing through me and making me wince. That was completely impossible, I couldn't feel any temperature let alone body heat!

She buried her head on my shoulder and spoke the words that explained everything and at the same time changed everything...

"You are my mate."