Chapter 20

LISA

In front of me was a beautiful waterfall, not necessarily very big and not deafeningly loud either, but really enchanting. The shadows of the trees danced on the water and the sun glittered from them, so that it looked as if there were crystals in it.

When I finally managed to pull my gaze away from the masterpiece in front of me, I looked at Jennie next to me, who had been watching me in her wolf form. She was quite a bit larger than normal wolves, though not as tall as an aligned human. Her fur was thick and just as dark as her hair normally. The eyes were identical, although they seemed a little larger to me in this body.

"It's stunning here." I spoke to the wolf. She nodded hesitantly, but didn't take her eyes off me.

"Don't you want to transform back? Then we could swim." She didn't respond.

To make my words heard, I slowly took off my t-shirt. I noticed the red in Jennie's eyes getting darker and rejoiced in the power I had over her.

"If you don't want to, I'll have to go into the water alone." I said, mocking sad. I opened my pants, took them off and walked towards the shore.

I heard bones crack behind me. Though I knew it was Jennie, I reflexively had to turn around and saw her body in a horribly deformed shape. A monster, something between wolf and human. Her fur receded except on her head. Their legs seemed to stretch and lengthen, the paws made a sickening snap before assuming the shape of hands and feet, and the claws deformed until they became recognizable as finger and toenails.

Unconsciously I had taken a few steps backwards and tried to process what I had just happened. I'd never watched a werewolf transform before, and to be honest it was a bit much at once.

"Jennie, let me go." I yelled in panic and tried to break free when just before the water suddenly two strong arms wrapped themselves around me from behind and lifted me into the air. My protests fell on deaf ears and my efforts to slap her arms away were a waste of energy.

She laughed and before walking into the water with me whispered in my ear, grinning but serious.

"Never, sweetie!"

-

"Lili, where the fuck are you?"

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. The last hour was just awesome. We had fooled around, splashed each other, found out little things about each other. For example, she had spotted the bow and arrow tattooed on the back of my neck because I had tied my hair in a high bun. In the meantime, several tears had come from it, because at some point one of us had the idea of ​​jumping down the waterfall, which was really incredibly funny. Luckily, supernaturals weren't that easy to hurt, otherwise I'd probably have broken my neck about five times already.

During the time that Jennie had just jumped, I was hiding in a nearby tree. Her branches hung far out over the water and some were even strong enough to hold me.

Ever since Jennie noticed I was gone, she was yelling out for me like a maniac. Not wanting her to start worrying seriously, I just waited a moment until she was right under my branch.

"Lali-" She wanted to call again, but this time she couldn't get any further because suddenly I swung myself off the branch and landed right on her back.

She jumped a little from the sudden weight, but didn't sink because the water was so shallow at this point that she could stand.

"Yes, love?" I breathed softly into her ear and wrapped my arms and legs around her.

She immediately relaxed at the sound of my voice. I gently brushed my lips across her neck, struggling to ignore the rushing of her blood in her veins. So seductive and yet so wrong. I sighed.

With a pull she grabbed my leg and pushed me forward to look at my face. She brushed a strand of wet hair away from my face.

"I want to show you something." She said in a rough voice and ran or swam with me towards the 'curtain' of the waterfall. I still clung to her. She swam briskly through the falling water, which felt like pinpricks on the skin for a moment. After the torrent of water we were suddenly in a small cave.

"Look up." She asked me and I was impressed that, despite her quiet voice, a clear echo echoed through the cave.

I did as she said and I caught my breath. The ceiling above us shimmered rainbow colors in the darkness whose only source of light was the sunlight that made it through the water.

"Wow." Formed my lips silently.

Though I could feel the intensity of Jennie's gaze on me, I couldn't take my eyes off the ceiling. Until jennie suddenly said something I honestly didn't expect.

"Let me bite you, make you a part of me and I'll be yours forever, I promise. All my love, all my attention... all my blood will be yours. But let me do it, Lili."

My gaze flew to her. Her words... what she said was all I ever wanted to hear.

She was everything more than I could have ever dreamed of. She had given me back the most important thing one could have, her humanity and most importantly she hadn't given up on me when it seemed hopeless.

Was that love? If you gave everything to one person? Even yourself?

I didn't have an answer to that, but everything inside me was screaming to grant her wish, to let her bite me.

I had made my decision so I nodded and cocked my head slightly so she could get to my neck better. She lowered her mouth against my skin, letting me feel her hot breath, her body heat flooding through me, letting me take in everything about her before suddenly her teeth sank into my flesh and everything around me went black. I didn't feel on the edge of my consciousness how her fangs broke away from me and my head fell on her hard chest, then my thoughts also drifted into nothingness.

If I had known earlier what that bite meant to both of us, I would never have let it come to this.