Chapter 7

LISA

"Come on, Jisoo, you know I didn't do that on purpose." I tried to change her mind with a sad fake smile.

I didn't like to go to Jennie, because for some reason I didn't want her to see me like that, actually I wouldn't have cared, but Eric's blood wasn't in my system and with it a few small, unthinkable feelings.

But she just shook her head and started pulling me behind her. I slipped out of her grip and continued to walk beside her. She looked at me disparagingly for a moment, but then left it at that.

We went straight outside, not even stopping at the lockers so I could get my bag. But to be honest, there wasn't anything important inside anyway.

I had my mobile phone in my trouser pocket and I don't need my sunglasses because, firstly, there were hardly any students here, logically the lessons had long since ended, and secondly, the students here were already used to the completely black eyes, since it's like that here many werewolves were running around and therefore hardly asked any questions. Even if the students didn't know the meaning of the eyes, of course, because they stood for the supernatural.

Once outside, she pulled me toward the parking lot, but I couldn't see Jennie anywhere.

"Where is she?" I asked, and a terrible sense of foreboding washed over me.

"Home." She said vaguely. "Where we're going to go together now."

"What do you mean by 'home', where Jennie lives, where you live or where your whole pack is waiting for a good time to maul a vampire."

She walked on without a word, but her self-confident look when she got to her car and the passenger door opened which answered my question.

I sighed and slumped down in the seat, then checked my phone for a moment to see if someone had texted me, and indeed. Apparently Rosé had somehow managed to get my number and texted me a 'Hi' along with that funny smiley face with its tongue hanging out.

Meanwhile, Jisoo had jogged around the car and also sat down. She just started the engine.

'How did you get my number?' I texted Rosé back and didn't even have to wait a minute for an answer.

'I picked up your cell phone in class.' Another annoying yellow smiley came along.

I put my phone in my pocket and looked out the window, we drove further and further out of town. Most likely they all lived together in a big house in the woods, like werewolves did.

"How many are you?" I asked.

"17 people in this pack house. But we have two more around here."

I nodded and thought for a moment. "Do they know who I am?"

"If Jennie told them." She said, shrugging.

"Great." I replied at length and with the utmost irony.

We drove on in silence, soon we came to a walk as I had imagined. The way or rather path made the ride quite bumpy, despite the robust car (I guess an off-roader). Another 10 minutes later a huge house came into view. We parked by the other cars in front and got out.

While Jisoo was still walking around the car, I looked at the building. Painted dark brown with a porch running around it, it looked quite old but somehow very... alive.

Jisoo stood next to me and nudged me. "Let's go in."

I didn't want to, but I didn't want her to think I was scared either. For that reason I left them there and covered the veranda with quick steps. As I climbed the few steps and ran to the door, I heard her footsteps behind me.

I hesitated just before pushing down on the door handle and, surprisingly, let it open with a faint creak. I cautiously entered the wide hallway when a loud laugh erupted from the room at the end of the hall. I jumped while Jisoo next to me just started to grin and then kept walking. I followed her at a distance.

We entered a large living room with high walls. A wide staircase led up to the side. In the room there was a fireplace, an armchair and several sofas. Two small children around six years old were sitting on the floor and playing with wooden figures. Behind them on the sofa was a slightly older man and also... what was her name again - oh yes, Jeongyeon, she was the one with the honey coloured hair, next to her was a girl who was giggling and covering her mouth with her hand.

"Hey, Jisoo." She greets her loudly before her eyes fall on me and it suddenly becomes quiet. The girl stopped laughing and even the children stopped playing.

"Hey, guys..." Jisoo said, but she didn't get any further because the older man interrupted her.

"Who is that, Kim Jisoo? Why are you dragging a bloodsucker here?"

The children got very scared, they had probably never seen a vampire before.

Jisoo didn't seem to know what to say in reply, so I decided to clear things up, after all I didn't plan on sulking here forever.

"Very pleased to meet you too, sir." I said sarcastically, with an exaggerated smile on my face, "If I might introduce myself, my name is Lisa, Lalisa Manoban."

The man mumbled something to himself and then was silent, and the children started playing again when the blonde next to Jeongyeon picked up the question from before. "And what do you want here?"

"Jennie was longing for me so much." I replied wryly, it really wasn't her business why I was here.

Blondie rolled her eyes when suddenly a voice spoke from the stairs.

"Yeah, you're right, I couldn't wait to see you again."