Chapter 40

LISA

So the boy I almost killed and had hoped never to see again to avoid remembering me turned out to be my best and only friend's twin brother. That was really going crazy.

Trying to be friendly, I kept walking.

"Hello, Eric." I greeted him curtly.

"Hi, Lisa. Nice to see you again." He replied with a polite smile.

His words, however, left me puzzled. 'See you again'? Did he remember how I...

But then I remembered that we had a brief chat afterwards, which made me breathe out again.

We got in the car and drove to the party. During the drive, the radio was turned up quite loud, but I still heard Rosé and her brother talking softly.

Finally arrived at the club, we got out. Jennie was waiting for us in front of the entrance, along with a few others, including Jeongyeon, Jisoo, Jeongyeon's mate and another girl I didn't know but she looked familiar to me.

Before I ran to them, Rosé let me know that she and Eric would greet friends who were also standing around somewhere.

"Okay, I'll go see Jennie." I replied and went to her.

Jennie spotted me immediately and pulled me into her arms as soon as I was within reach. She gave me a quick kiss on the lips and then turned to her companions.

"You already know them." She started pointing at Jisoo, Jeongyeon and Nayeon. "And this is my sister Krystal. V, Sana, Joy and Sehun are pack members, they go to our school."

I gave everyone a quick nod before asking. "Do they also live in the pack house?"

"Yes, but not in the same school as us, theirs is a bit more central, on the outskirts of town." Jisoo replied matter-of-factly.

Since Rosé and Eric came back, we couldn't continue the conversation, instead we decided to go inside, or rather queue up.

However, we got in faster than I would have thought given the oversized snake.

Inside I found it was like any other club, except that today it was really packed and you could hardly move. Definitely not for people with claustrophobia. At least there was a relatively high ceiling, so that the warm air, which was created by the sweaty crowd of people, collected at the top.

It seemed like an illusory world, all the lights, people and this terrible loud music somehow made everything seem like a fever dream. But what was even worse, in all this chaos, the only thought in my head was the nearness of Jennie's blood. It suddenly became clear to me what a mistake I had made by coming, even though I had noticed that something was wrong.

Well now there were exactly two scenarios how this evening would go. I would either drink from Jennie's blood later in the evening, with or without her permission, or I'll try to resist the urge by avoiding getting too close to Jennie.

I didn't even have to think about which option to choose. Drinking from Jennie was out of the question for me as of yesterday. I never wanted to hurt her like that again.

"I'll get us some drinks. I'll be right back." Jennie excused herself and went to the bar.

I decided to use the time to get to know her sister better, so I turned to her.

"Krystal, right?" I spoke to her. "You look familiar, have we met before or is that just the family resemblance?"

"No, I was at the one club, you know, on Tuesday. Though I don't know if you even noticed me. You were quite... distracted." She explained with a slightly provocative undertone.

Tuesday was the day I almost lost my temper while dancing. Oh man, couldn't I meet anyone who didn't know about my mistakes or the people I had, almost or actually, drained?

"What do you mean distracted? By who?" Threw in Rosé as if at the push of a button and I realized what a gift it was to have her as a friend. Someone who had no prejudices and knew nothing about my slip-ups.

"Yeah, right. Lisa, what got you so possessed?" Someone else asked, if I'm not mistaken, it was this V. But in contrast to Rosé, his question wasn't meant at all seriously, as his condescending grin told me. He just wanted to corner me. But I didn't let that happen to me.

"Jennie. She was there too." I cleverly talked myself out. It wasn't even a lie, even if she had just come later.

I had to admit that 'getting to know people and winning them over' wasn't going well at all. Luckily Jennie came with the drinks. After putting them down on a bar table next to us, she held out her hand to me.

"Want to dance?"

I thought for a split second. Rejecting in front of the others, but not dancing with my uncontrollable hunger either. I finally decided to hit the dance floor with her, mostly because I wanted to get away from this awkward conversation, and grabbed her hand, smiling.

As I know myself, I always make the wrong decisions. I became keenly aware of this when she took my arms, placed them around her neck and pulled me tight at the waist so that, how could it have been otherwise, I was only a few centimeters away from her neck.