Chapter 23

LISA

Disgusted with myself, I let go of the guy I just sucked off. As expected, he passed out, but I hadn't drunk very much and he would wake up soon. Normally I would have left now to avoid any further confrontation, but my guilt was eating me up inside, so I laid him on the sidewalk to make it look like he had fallen and passed out, he also had hit his head by the way , which explained the wound I had given him with the bike. After a few minutes he actually opened his eyes. I acted like I just discovered him.

"Are you okay?" I asked mock shocked. "I was just driving by when I saw you lying there."

The man had a confused look on his face as he hesitantly got up.

"I am sure. Did you see what happened?" He murmured uncertainly.

"I only saw you fall from afar. Maybe you stumbled, it's perfectly normal to be tired at this time and not pay much attention to the way." I fed him my tall tale.

He didn't look very convinced, but nodded and got up, shortly afterwards he said goodbye hesitantly.

"I'm going to make my way home. Thank you for your help. Well then... bye."

"Yes do that. Goodbye."

He turned and ran away, after he was out of sight I picked up the bike and continued on my way home. At the same time, all the questions and feelings of guilt that I had actually tried to suppress came up.

Why did I just do that? Would it do anything at all? Even if I could be around Jennie again, what about her dad, the alpha, and the fact that I was drinking from a human again? I had promised Jennie I wouldn't do it again and she will definitely be mad or disappointed or even both.

-

I hadn't done anything great at home. Since I had already slept my five hours, I kept myself busy doing homework, studying and cleaning up. After all that was done, I still had quite a bit of time to do something that I very rarely did. I watched TV. Sounds weird considering how much time most humans wasted looking at a screen like this. But what's the point of watching series or movies if you don't feel anything? What if you didn't find all these comedies hilarious? It was different now and when I turned on the TV, I had to admit that some of it was actually very amusing.

After about three episodes of 'Big Bang Theory' I suddenly realized that I only had about forty minutes left, I had been so lost.

I quickly got up and went to the bathroom.

Within 30 minutes I managed to shower, dry off and get dressed. I rushed from the stress, got in the car and raced to school. Luckily I parked it in front of my apartment yesterday after the trip with Rosé, otherwise I would have had a real problem.

Heart pounding, I pulled into the school parking lot. I had no idea what to expect when it came to Jennie. Had my late night snack been enough to satisfy the terrible craving for her blood?

I hadn't spotted her until now, which was probably because I was so late. With a deep breath I got out of the car and headed towards the entrance. I immediately discovered Rosé beside my locker, who must have been waiting for me.

"Lis! I probably must have written you twenty messages. Where have you been, class starts in three minutes."

"I forgot the time." I hastily explained while taking my stuff out of the locker. I just left out the fact that my cell phone was still missing, that wasn't important now.

We walked together, or rather we ran to class and in fact we got to the room before the bell rang.

My throat was dry and my nerves on edge as I looked around the room.

She was not there.

Jisoo and Jeongyeon weren't here either. I had no idea if I was relieved or disappointed. For one, I was afraid of her reaction to seeing me again after I just hit it.

On the other hand, I already missed her with every fiber of my body. I wanted to be with her, touch her from the moment I left her alone.

Torn between my emotions, I took my seat next to my only friend here at school.

The teacher started his lesson, but my concentration was on other things. A knock on the door finally drew my attention.

Shortly thereafter it was already opened and Jennie came in, whose searching gaze wandered around until her shining eyes met me.