Chapter 19

LISA

'Lisa, I'm going to have a visit this weekend, we have something to talk about.'

I stared at the message and very slowly noticed a queasy feeling spreading in my stomach. First the conversation between Mrs. Brown and Mr. Meyer and now my father who wanted to meet me. Something was very wrong here. I ignore this realization and get up to walk to my room. Once there, I decided to put on my bathing suit for the meeting. I choose a plain black, red bikini.

The same colours as Jennie's eyes, I noticed. Did I choose it somewhat subconsciously?

I quickly shook my head, something like that would be really funny.

Over the bikini I pulled a cropped loose top and long tight jeans.

Since I still had time before I would be picked up, I went to the kitchen and got a blood bag. My feelings were still mainly there, but I was hungry. So I drank a bag.

But no matter how hard I tried to focus on it, today the bloodlust just wasn't the same as usual. The whole time, the memory of Jennie's blood dominated my thoughts. It was like trying to compare ready meals to food from a five star chef. Once you ate the food from the professional chef, you didn't want any more ready-made food.

Still, I drank up, if you could call it that. Because one thing was for sure, I wouldn't drink from Jennie any more than I needed to, even if she said she wouldn't mind. I didn't mean to hurt her.

When the blood bag was finally in the garbage, I quickly threw a portion of laundry into the washing machine before the bell rang and I went to the door.

I opened it and already saw a grinning Jennie in front of me. She was dressed rather revealingly and wore sunglasses. Pretty.

Instead of a greeting, she pulled me towards her and pressed her soft lips to mine. I responded immediately, controlling my hands on her chest while hers ran repeatedly over the bare skin at my waist.

"So, ready for our trip?" She asked after we broke away from each other.

Before I answered her, I pulled her sunglasses from her eyes. I would never normally admit that, but I wanted to see her eyes and the sparkle in them. If the eyes were indeed the door to the soul then the sunglasses were clearly blocking my view and I certainly wouldn't let that happen.

"Sure, let's go." I asked her because I finally wanted to know where we were going.

Actually, I wanted to pull her behind me to her car, but there was no car. I turned to her and expertly raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't we going?" I asked confused.

Laughing, Jennie shook her head.

"I thought we were going to have a little race." She explained and was ready to transform.

I managed to stop her just in time.

"But if then in human form, in wolf form you would have a huge advantage." I threw in quickly.

"Are you afraid that I might win against you?"

There was a provocative undertone in her voice. I didn't know what drove me to do it, but suddenly I wanted to prove to her that I was faster.

"All right then, pup!" I yelled, then I started running.

Seconds later Jennie had realized what I had just announced. I didn't notice her transformation anymore, because I had already dived into the not so far distant forest. Only now did it occur to me that I didn't even know where we wanted to go and therefore didn't know the way.

Damn, I could have noticed that sooner.

At the exact moment I started to think about whether I should wait for Jennie, I suddenly saw an arrow on the tree in front of me pointing diagonally to the right. Did Jennie draw them?

Since there weren't many options open to me at the moment, I just followed it. After a few hundred meters there was another one and then again, and so it went on. Every now and then I heard paws hitting the forest floor from a distance and knew that Jennie couldn't be far away.

I must have been running for 10 minutes, slowly wondering if I had been wrong to follow the arrows. But the fact that I had been hearing the rushing of water for some time strengthened me and suddenly the thicket cleared.

I stood there, transfixed by the beauty in front of me, as a majestic wolf ran towards me from the shelter of the trees. Jennie.

-

A/N: I lack at updating nowadays, don't I? I apologise for not uploading many chapters. I'm trying my best to keep the story up ;>