Chapter 26

LISA

I realized that Jennie was in pain and somewhere in the back of my mind I realized that I had to stop drinking from her. But it felt like I hadn't tasted blood in forever. The tremendous desire for more caught me completely unprepared. All of this was too much. The screams from her, my greed, still I couldn't think about any of it. My head was swept empty.

The sound of several footsteps reached my ears. I heard muffled voices shouting in confusion, until suddenly an arm wrapped around my neck from behind and pulled me away from Jennie. But unlike Eric, I didn't just let it happen. No, I was scratching, biting, kicking and thrashing around. A second person came along and helped the first one, but I wasn't able to look closely or listen to them. All I wanted was to get back to Jennie as soon as possible. She had stopped screaming and looked around in a daze. Her vision slowly cleared and she took stock of the situation.

"Lisa! Li, you need to calm down!" She said and came to me.

Roughly she took my face in her hands, forcing me to look at her. I was angry, on the other hand I realized something was going terribly wrong here and I needed to calm down, so I closed my eyes, tried to calm down. My breathing was still hectic, but over time I saw everything more clearly again, only now did I really realize what had just happened, I had caused Jennie pain. Bad pain.

"You can let her go, I think." Jennie broke the silence.

Jisoo and Jeongyeon, who I now realized were the ones holding me, released me.

I stumbled towards Jennie, shaking and with tears in my eyes. The guilt I became aware of at that moment almost brought me to my knees. Jennie caught me just before I fell to the ground. She hugged me tightly, but that only made me cry. It felt weird, I couldn't remember the last time tears fell from my eyes. Maybe when I was younger, as a child.

"I am so incredibly sorry." I apologized in a broken voice.

Jennie just held me tight, just as she was about to answer, Jeongyeon forestalled her.

"What the hell was that?! We came from that pack meeting looking for you after you just disappeared, and then see you screamingly play human bloodbag for Lisa only to be cuddling her a few minutes later! Could you please explain that to me?" Uncomprehending and quite pissed off, she wanted to know from Jennie.

Although I still felt like crying, I couldn't prevent Jeongyeon's words and especially her facial expression from making a strange noise that sounded like a mixture of laughter and sobs. Jennie also had to bite her lip to keep from laughing.

Ryan's eye twitched dangerously.

"That's not fucking funny!" Jeongyeon got even more upset at our reaction.

Jennie sighed. "You're right, that's not funny at all." She admitted defeat. "I guess I really owe you two an explanation. Ever since I bit Lisa, it's all been very complicated, she avoided me, so I skipped the pack meeting. I wanted to talk to her and then I convinced her into biting me because I thought it would make everything normal between us. It was stupid but..."

Jennie interrupted herself, running her fingers through her hair in stress. Jisoo, who had been silent the whole time, spoke up.

"I understand that it's not easy between you guys, logically, I mean you're from a different species. But damn, you're going to be an alpha and you've got responsibilities, Jennie. What you did was careless. You could have died!" She spoke incredibly calmly. "Maybe you should talk to your father about it."

She said the last words more quietly, hesitantly, as if she were afraid. The next moment it became clear that she had every reason to do so, because Jennie suddenly looked extremely angry.

"You know exactly how my father feels about my mate being a half-vampire, so I'm definitely not going to tell him about that... small incident." She hissed angrily.

Her father will hate me when he finds out about this. He's probably already hating me, and all of that would only make it worse.

However, I really deserved it. What I had done... just the thought of what else could have happened...

Jennie suddenly pulled me closer to her.

"I'll see what I'll do, okay? But for now I'll take Lisa home first." She said goodbye to her friends and pulled me away towards the school building.

We ran to her car together as quickly as possible and drove off. Nobody said anything for a while until Jennie finally said it.

"I think we need to talk."