Chapter 15

LISA

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I felt were Jennie's strong arms pressing me tightly against her. I had to smile slightly when I looked into her face. She had closed her eyes and opened her mouth slightly. She seemed incredibly relaxed.

Careful not to wake her up, I untied her arms around me and walked into the bathroom. When I got there, I undressed and took a shower.

I finished showering and combed makeshift, with a comb lying around my hair which was not made for long hair, I walked back into the room wrapped in a short towel.

Jennie was still lying on the bed, but she had sat up a bit and opened her eyes. From the moment I entered the room, she watched my every step.

"If you've stared enough you could get me some clothes to wear." I said, letting my voice sound mock annoyed.

"Then it can take a while, because you can be sure of one thing. I will never have seen enough of you." She replied in a rough, sexy morning voice that made my skin tingle. Which of course I didn't let on and just looked at her reproachfully.

"Come on now, otherwise I'll have to get them myself."

Immediately she jumped out of bed, the thought that the others from her pack could see me in this open didn't seem to please her at all.

"I'll be right back."

While waiting, I decided to check my bag. It was lying next to the bed. I took my phone out and looked at it, I had received a message from Rosé. Thinking about her made me feel bad. She was always there for me and wanted to be friends with me and I was really mean to her. I opened her message.

'Hey Lisa. I wanted to ask if you have time after school today, we could have a drink together or something.'

I thought for a moment before replying, 'Okay, I'd be happy.'

Jennie came back laden with a stack of clothes.

"Here are some things, hope it fits." She explained and smiled at me. "I'm going to take a shower, call me if you need help getting dressed."

Before I could reply, she had laid the clothes on the bed and disappeared into the bathroom. I got dressed, she had brought me a t-shirt and shorts. It didn't look bad, she had taste.

The rest of the time I thought about how to tell her. Because the feelings I had back, I knew, wouldn't last forever. The only way was that I would drink from her over and over again and I didn't like that at all. I liked her and wanted to keep my sensations. But that wasn't a solution. I would be dependent on her and if I didn't get her blood for once I would be cold and unapproachable. I was in a fucking bind and while I knew I should talk to her about it, I really didn't want to burden her with it. As a future alpha she already had enough stress.

Freshly showered and dressed, Jennie walked into the room. She held out her hand to me.

"Let's go downstairs for breakfast together."

I took her hand but had to laugh a little at her words.

"I'm not eating, Jennie. I'm a half vampire." I explained at her questioning look and took my bag with me as she pulled me into the hallway.

"Sorry, I forgot." She apologized with a cute smile and we walked down the stairs together.

When I got there, all eyes were on me. I wasn't sure how many people there were, but it must have been around ten people. A low murmur broke out.

"Hush, that's my mate and for those who don't know, yes, she's a vampire, but that's beside the point. She's your future Luna and you are responsible to treat her with respect." Jennie suddenly exclaimed, sounding somehow... regal.

Someone, I think it was the person from the day before yesterday who was also sitting in the living room, suddenly asked challengingly. "And what if we don't? Will you put her above us then?"

"If I have to, then yes." Jennie answered a lot quieter this time. "But I hope it won't come to that." With those words, she pulled me into an adjoining room that turned out to be a kitchen, grabbed an apple and walked outside with me.

We went to her car because I had to go home before we went to school. During the drive I told her about the date with Rosé.

"I'll meet her after school and we'll probably go to a coffee shop or something together then." I told her.

"Okay, but only if I can pick you up later at home. I want to show you something." She said and smiled at me. Since last night she had this permanent grin and still I couldn't say that it annoyed me.

When I got to my apartment, I got out.

"Will you wait here for a moment? I'll be right back."

Without waiting for an answer, I ran into the house and changed when I got to my room, since I was still wearing her clothes. I quickly grabbed my school bag and ran back to her in the car, where she was waiting for me.

She gave me a quick kiss on the lips before starting the engine and driving to school.