77. Cool death

'That's what I saw in the fire' sandor told them 'Mountain Like an arrowhead' Sandor said pointing at the mountain ahead of them.

'You saw what in the what?' Odie questioned, sandor shrugged. 'These fire people got in your head brother.' Odie teased.

''Are you sure?' Jon question

"Yes, we are getting close.' Sandor confirmed. They continued on their journey, getting closer and closer to Sandors vision. That when they heard the grumbling of a creature ahead of them.

'That's a bear a big bear' one of the men said as they got closer.

'do bears have blue eyes like that?' jon questioned cautiously.

'No bears I've ever met.' Odie said as its eyes seemed to glow among the flurry of snow. But it wasn't a bear or if it was it was mutated and large and it charged at them. They formed a circle and tried to fight it back, the beast kept charging towards them. They drew their swords, beric, and thoros's sword on fire smashing it into the monster but that didn't stop it,. The bear now ran at them burning on fire and it kept moving and kept charging at them Sandor froze. the flaming beast getting closer. They hit the bear, stabbing uselessly, they stabbed him but the beast would not go down it ripped into them tearing them apart. Getting on top of thoros it took a bite out of him, shaking him as he bit into him. Finally Odie stabbed a dragon glass into him and he collapsed to the ground. Beric pulled Thoros away pulling his clothes to see the damage.

'we have to get him to east watch' jorah told him. Thoros shook his head.

'go on.' He said after a sip. Beric cauterized the wound with his burning blade. Thoros gripped Odie's hand tight.

'Are you alright?' beric asked

'I just got bit by a big old dead bear' thoros responded with a pained laugh.

'You sure did.' Beric said helping him up. 'And survived to tell the tale.' Beric added. They helped Thoros walk. Thoros used Beric as a crutch as they walked.

'You alright?' Odie questioned softly wrapping her hand around sandors arm. He nodded stiffly. 'you don't have to pretend with me... I want to help.' Odie told him. He pressed a kiss to her forehead.

'I'm alright Odie, I got you back. A big flaming dead bear, pft, no big deal.' Sandor told her holding her close as they walked.

As they continued on their journey the mountain getting closer and closer to Sandor's vision, Tormund stopped them hearing something ahead, unnatural noises. they peered down to see the army of the dead walking their pace slow as their swords and boots dragged on the ground

'Where's the rest of them?' jon questioned only seeing a dozen or so.

'We kill enough of them we are going to find out.' Tormund said grinning.

'I don't like how excited Tormund is being about this.' Odie mumbled.

They attacked the group of white walkers they were doing better against the white walkers than the white walker bear. They were fighting and fighting, they wouldn't go down but Jon killed the leader and the rest crumbled to nothing but ice except for one. one remained thrashing and screaming and kicking this would be the one they brought back to Kings Landing. this would be the one they gave to cersei to show her that this war needed to be stopped until the real enemy was killed.

It screamed and screamed so sandor put a hand over his mouth but part of its skin came off in his hand

'Fuck' he screamed shaking off white walker goo.

"Gross,' Odie muttered and sandor raised a hand to wipe it off on her, 'NO!' she exclaimed running away from him. 'don't you dare put walked goo on me.' sandor waggled his eyebrows before wiping it on his own pants.

They heard the marching of approaching soldiers, more than this group they had taken down, and fast approaching.

'Odie-' Jon began wanting to get her out of here.

'I'm not leaving you.' Odie told him stubbornly.

'Gendry!' Jon demanded as they moved 'Tell Daenerys and Tyrion what we found go!' Jon told Gendry. 'You are the fastest.' Jon told him. Gendry took off, back to the wall, they had the proof, all they needed was to make it back to them alive.

Sandor being the biggest and the strongest carried the bound white walker on his back, they made a run for it the army of the dead hundreds possibly thousands of them quickly approaching but they came to an iced over river. Their feet started to break the ice as they moved, walkers crumbled into the water as their little spot of sanctuary got smaller but they were safe. But there were so many white walkers the army of the dead circled around them. They were trapped now with thousands of white walkers surrounding them on all sides they were safe for the moment but they were trapped all the same.

++++

'how you doing thoros?' Odie questioned, he looked back at her, he was pale, and shaking with the cold but he offered her a smile. Beric came over lifting Thoros shirt, he frowned before telling his friend to rest. He covered up the wound. He gave Odie a pat on the shoulder before moving back, his eyes searching the area, walkers, white walkers coming at them from all directions. Hundreds, thousands...

The army of the dead stood there like statues waiting for their moment to attack for hours and hours the sun had disappeared from the sky the only sound of the wind whipping through the breeze and the white walker they had captured at their feet thrashing and whining complaining. The dead watching them. thoros taking jagged and shakes breaths below them.

Odie's heart was pounding out of control it felt like a frozen punch to the chest with every heartbeat. She sat between Jon and sandor leaning into her brother as he eyes felt heavy. Her fingers still intertwined with Jons as the sun disappeared, they were left with the eerie stares of blue eyes in the distance.

+++++++++

Morning came and they were all still trapped the white walkers still surrounding them they hadn't moved from the spot, the white walker they had trapped still grumbling and complaining Sandor kicked him to shut him up and he hissed a complaint.

'Thoros? Thoros...' beric questioned, Thoros was frozen white as snow he died from the bear attack wound.

'I would say it was a better way to go' sandor remarked pulling his ale from thoros's belt, drinking it down.

'It's a certainly cool death.' Odie remarked. 'If any of us survive to tell the tale.' She said glumly, for they were still trapped.

'Lord of light show us the way come to us in the darkness and lead your servant to the light.' Beric said saying a prayer over Thoros. Jon took the ale from Sandor and poured the rest over Thoros his body.

'We have to burn him' jon declared

'Perhaps Lord of light can give us some fire?' tormond asked beric. Beric set his sword aflame and set thoros's body on fire. Sandor turned away from the flame as Thoros burned. Odie moved to sandors side. She didn't say anything just hugged him. Sandor took a deep breath holding his sister close.

'thanks.' He mumbled resting his chin on the top of her head.

'I'm always here for you.' She reminded him. 'always and forever.'

'Always and forever,' he repeated pressing a kiss to the top of her head.