Marksman at 10

Bran shot and missed. Despite odies training with Bran, he didn't have the knack for archery.

'Go on fathers watching.' Jon told him and they looked up to the balcony to see Ned and Catelyn looking down at them. 'and your mother.' Jon added. Bran pulled back the bow but he missed it went flying into the trees. The boys laughed while Odie got him another arrow.

'Which one of you as a marksman at 10?' Ned called

'Odetta was.' Rickon remarked

'Yes well we can't all be as wonderful as me.' Odetta knelt before Brandon brushing his hair from his eyes and helped him position his arm his elbow was much too high

'Go on.' Ned said watching them.

'don't think too much.' Jon agreed

'Relax your bow arm.' Robb told him and Odetta pushed down his elbow, guiding his hand back, a bow hit the target but it wasn't from Brandon's bow Arya stood behind victoriously bran chased after her.

Robb came up behind Odie as she got her own bow, he wrapped his arms around her waist, his lips meeting her neck but her eyes locked on Jon. He pulled his eyes away from her walking off. Heart break hurt, he knew that he couldn't stay here and watch them start a family, because odie would love Robb, she would love him and give him children. He would hear their moans echo through the castle. He couldn't do that. he turned back to see odie smiling up at Robb, her hands at his face, running her fingers over the stubble on his cheeks. Robb pulled his lips to her, jon sucked in a pained breath as their father called the boys to join him for a ride. Robb begrudgingly pulled away from Odie she watched them board their horses, she help Bran up on his and he smiled down at her, she pressed a kiss to his hand, Bran had only loved Odie more over the years. Robb glanced back at Odie as Rickon hopped on her back, not going with the boys on their outing. She spun him around before tossing him into a snow pile.

++++++++++

'What is it?'

'A mountain lion?' Theon suggested.

'There are no mountain lions in these woods.' Ned told them they walked around the dead moose cautiously looking for the creature that killed it before they stumbled across a wolf, a dire wolf and a pack of puppies.

'It's a freak.' Theon exclaimed.

'It's a dire wolf.' Ned corrected. 'Tough old beast.' he pulled the antler free of its chest attacking the moose, an antler must have gotten stuck, killed the dire wolf.

'There are no dire wolves south of the wall.' Robb remarked

'Now there are five.' Jon said picking one up 'you want to hold it?' jon passed one off to Bran

'Then where will they go?' Bran questioned 'their mother is dead...' he held the puppy in his arms

'They don't belong down here better quick death.'

'They won't last without their mother.' Ned agreed

'All right give it here.' Theon said trying to pull the pup away from Bran but he cried out.

'No!' Bran screamed

'Put away your blade.' robb demanded

'I take orders from your father not you.' Theon reminded him

'Please father,' Bran begged

'I'm sorry Bran,' ned told him

'Lord Stark?' Jon said 'there are five pups one for each of the stark children, they are your house sigil, you were meant to have them.' Jon reasoned. Theon still held the blade to the pup still waiting for command.

'You will train them yourself you will feed them yourselves and if they die... you will bury them yourselves.' ned agreed and Theon handed Bran back the puppy back, as Jon picked up the other ones handing them off to Robb and Theon

'what about you?' Bran questioned

'I'm not a stark.' Jon answered as the puppy snuggled into Bran. They were leaving when they heard the wrestling's of another puppy Jon pulled it free it was all white

'The runt of the litter.' Theon said 'that one's yours snow.'