72. Don't need permission

'All rulers demand that people bend the knee that's why they are rulers' Tyrion told varys sipping his wine. 'she gave him a choice. The man took up arms against her what else could she do?' Tyrion questioned hoping Varys would agree with him, give him hope in this woman they were sending to the throne.

'Not burn him alongside his son" varys offered.

'I am her hand not her head.' Tyrion reminded him 'I cannot make her decisions for her'

'That's what I used to tell myself about her father. I found the traders but I wasn't the one burning them alive' varys said. 'That's what I told myself when I heard them beg for mercy I'm not the one doing it as the pitch of theirs screams rose higher, I'm not the one doing it. as the smell of the burning flesh filled the throne room... I am not the one doing it'

'Daenerys is not her father'' Tyrion reminded him, 'just as cersei is not Tywin...'

'And she never will be with the right counsel. you need to find a way to make her listen.' Varys said tapping a note in his hands.

'Who's that for?' Tyrion asked looking at the note.

'Jon Snow.'

'Did you read it?'

'It's a sealed scroll for the king in the north.' Varys told him

'What's it say?' Tyrion pushed.

'Nothing good' varys replied.

+++++++++

'I thought arya was dead I thought Bran was dead' jon said reading over the letter from the north. Arya had arrived at winterfell. He handed it back to Odie and she gave him a reassuring squeeze. Of course she was alive, arya was a fighter. Arya was a warrior through and through.

'I'm happy for you. You don't look happy though' dany said looking over his worried expression.

'I saw the night king marching to the wall if they make it past the wall my family is not safe!' jon told her

'The wall has stood tall for years-'

'I need to go home' jon declared.

'We are leaving.' Odie agreed.

'You said you don't have enough men to fight this army alone.' Dany reminded him

'We will fight them with what we have.' Jon told her stubbornly. 'Unless you join us'

'And give the country to Cersei?' dany scoffed 'As soon as I march away she marches in.'

'Perhaps not.' Tyrion offered. 'If Cersei thinks the army of the dead is nothing but stories what if we prove her wrong.'

''I don't think she will come see the dead at my invitation' jon said.

'Then bring the dead to her'

'I thought that we were trying to avoid-'

'Just one soldier is that possible?'

'Bring one of these things to Kings Landing and show her the truth!' Tyrion said.

'Scare her into helping?' Odie offered.

'Anything you bring back will be useless if cersei does not give you permission to enter the castle she will kill us all.' Varys reminded.

'She only listens to one person my brother Jaime and he will listen to me.' Tyrion said although after he killed his own father he didn't know if that was true.

'And how do you plan to get into kings landing?'

'I can smuggle you in' Davos said 'but I warn you I am not a fighter if the redcoats recognize you...'

'With the Queens permission I will go north and find one of the white walkers.' Mormont said 'you asked me to go and find a cure so I could serve you let me serve you' he begged her.

'The free folk will help us' Jon told her.

'Wildling army is really coming in handy.' Odie told Jon.

'You cannot lead a raid behind the wall'

'I am the only one here that has fought them and the only one here that knows.' Jon told them.

''I have not given you permission to leave' Dany reminded him.

'We don't need your permission.' Odie spoke up and dany shot her a deadly glare one to which Odie matched. She had years of practice facing off against Gregor, this twig of a woman was nothing compared to the mountain. 'Jon is the King of the North.' Odie reminded her.

'With all due respect I do not need your permission to leave I am a king' Jon agreed holding tight to Odie's hand keeping her from doing anything rash. 'And I came here knowing that your men could behead me or your dragons could burn me alive but I knew it was the best chance for my people for all of our people and now I'm asking you to trust in a stranger because he is our best chance.' Jon told her. Tyrion looked to Dany silently pleaded with her.