70. I WAS...

'I wanted you to show you what we will be digging for, the caves before we started.' Jon said leading Dany through the caves towards the dragon glass. Jon thought to show dany as a sign of good faith. Jon lit the torch lighting the path ahead of them.

'Well this is it, all we will ever need' Jon told her 'there is something else I wanna show you your grace' They continued deeper into the cave. 'Odie?' he questioned and she came around the bend a torch in her own hand, she offered Dany a tight smile as Dany followed jon and Odie deeper into the cave. Carvings drawings and ruins scattered the cave walls.

'The children of the forest made these' jon told her.

'When?'

'Very long time ago' Jon told her

'They were right here standing where we are standing before there were Targaryen's and starks and Lannister's...' Dany said 'maybe even before there were men...' dany said looking around the walls.

'No' Jon told her and continued deeper into the cave she followed him 'they were here together the children and the first men'

'Doing what? fighting each other?' dany questioned drawings of men women and children across the walls standing peacefully together.

'They fought together against a common enemy' Odie spoke up. 'that's what it looks like at least.' Dany spared her glance before looking back to the drawings. a drawing of white walkers engraved in the walls.

'they came together and put aside their differences... fought together' jon informed her. 'The enemy is real' Jon told her 'it's always been real' they looked at the White Walkers carved into the wall.

'And you say you can't defeat them without my arms and my dragons?'

'I don't think I can' jon admitted

''I will fight for you. I will fight for the north... when you bend the knee' Dany informed him

'My people won't accept the southern women not after everything they have suffered' jon told her. Odie was a southern woman but she grew up in the north for years and she wasn't exactly a normal southern woman.

'they will if there kingdoms depend on it. they chose you to lead them they chose you to protect them, isn't their survival is more important than your pride?' dany said walking off.

'That went...' Odie said slowly bringing her hands around Jons waist.

'Yep.' He agreed leaning into her.

++++++

'What is it?' dany questioned

'We took castlery rock'

'That's good to hear... Isn't it?' Dany asked

'Do you want to discuss this amongst yourselves?' Davvos asked

'You can stay. I can't believe this is happening...'

'You still have the largest army-'

'Who won't be able to eat because of cerseis army!' dany snapped, she was getting more outraged by the second.

'Grey worm and the dothraki army remain on the mainland we have a plan a good plan-' tyrion tried again

'Your plan has lost us the red keep, the iron islands and the reach." Dany shouted at him.

'If I have underestimate our enemies-' Tyrion began nervously.

'Our enemies! you mean your family! perhaps you do not want to hurt them after all?' Dany told him.

'The lannister army is strong, it had been the strongest force for years...' Odie reminded her. Suddenly Dany's dragons flew in the distance getting closer and closer. 'You didn't really think..' Odie said slowly. 'this is a war. A war for the crown, for the throne... it wasn't going to come without casualties, losses from both sides.'

'Enough with the clever plans' Dany told them 'I have three large dragons and I'm going to fly them to the red keep'

'We have discussed this-' Tyrion began. 'You don't want to be the queen of ashes remember?' tyrion told her.

'My enemies are in the red keep what kind of Queen of mine if I do not risk my life willing to fight for them?'

'A smart one.' tyrion told her.

'listen to Tyrion, you made him your hand for a reason!' Varys begged.

'What do you think I should do?' she asked Jon

'I would never presume-' jon began

'A war I am losing ...what do you think I should do?' she looked to Jon and only Jon. 'Your companion has already voiced her opinion, what do you think?'

'Well-' Odie began but dany shot her glare. Odie rose a perfectly arched brow at her. Honestly, Odie WAS Queen of the north, WAS lady of winterfell, she wasn't a power hungry bitch like this woman. Jon looked at her dragons, flying around dragon stone.

'I never thought the dragons would exist no one did. But the people who follow you know that you made something impossible happen... maybe that helps them believe that you can make other impossible things happen... in the world that's different from the world they already know. but if you use them to melt castles and burn cities you're not different you're just more of the same.' Jon told her she looked back out of her dragons debating what her council told her.