𝟗𝟏, 𝐓𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟏: 𝐓𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲.

Athena looked around the room. Her eyes then fell on Aspen once more. Aspen let out a faint sigh."Oh, don't look at me like that, Thena." Aspen said, as she noticed Athena looking rather skeptical with her having the Darkhold. "Okay, well, it appears the Darkhold is lenient with whoever takes it." Athena murmured. "How do you have it?" Athena then asked her..

"You're doppelganger gave it to me, actually. Right after she..." Aspen trailed off and then smirked. "Oh, yeah. Killed Peter Parker." Aspen told her. It was then that Aspen's hair got darker, black veins crawled up her arms along with the black ash on her finger tips. Aspen's clothes shifted from normal clothing to a suit similar to Black Widow's, but with magenta detailing instead of scarlet or violet.

"Nice suit." Athena commented, as she could tell Aspen's power surged through her once she was out of casual clothing. "Hm, thanks." Aspen responded. "Probably a very stupid question on my behalf, as I have a copy of the Darkhold from another universe, but has it corrupted you? In the way most would assume, or is that a Void Aspen thing? Do you have Void metahumans here?" Athena asked.

Aspen raised an eyebrow. She thought to herself. "Both." She responded bluntly. "Theodore Augustine was the one who gave me the serum that gave me my powers, or I should say, amplified them. You transferred your powers to me, or most of it at least. Yours were violet, mine are magenta. Sometimes mine turn black from the serum and because, allegedly, the Dakrhold influenced it, but last I checked the Darkhold doesn't affect powers, just knowledge."

"You said you needed my help. Why?" Athena then asked her. "I missed my bestie." Aspen said with a fake pout and somewhat childish tone. "Aspen," Athena sighed. Aspen let out a faint laugh. "God, is everyone on your Earth so serious?" Aspen said with a head shake. "Okay, well, I'll be leaving now." Athena said and went to open a portal, but Aspen attempted to blast Athena with dark energy—Athena dodged it with ease.

"I didn't say you could leave yet." Aspen told her. "I wasn't asking." Athena said and shook her head. "Alright, fine!" Aspen exclaimed before Athena opened a portal back to her Earth. "I am dying, Athena. And I need your help to prevent it." Aspen told her. Athena felt like the room was beginning to spin. Her breathing got heavy. She closed her eyes, but that caused her to remember the Aspen she knew. "Thank you for the second chance."

"What do we need to do to prevent that?" Athena asked her. Her mind had returned to reality. She couldn't allow another version of Aspen Marshall die, especially since this time Athena was able to prevent it, and she was still not completely over having watched her Aspen die for her. Aspen had a half smile appear on her lips. "There's the Athena I know and love." Aspen said.

"The Athena of this Earth had a theory, if we combine our powers together with a spell that binds the dark matter in our system, we would be able to manipulate a force of nature, but it required the Darkhold's assistance, which we got, but when Athena gave me most of her powers... We were no longer at the power sufficiency we needed." Aspen told her.