𝟏𝟐, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰

Chapter Twelve.
The Start of Something New.

Secrets have weights. The more you keep, the harder it is to keep moving. And yes, sometimes you keep secrets to protect people, but that doesn't mean they're not classified as secrets. The line between grief and guilt is a tine one. Sometimes death is preferable to the agony of life. Killing people in the process of saving others and yourself can be seen in two different ways. To some that'd be a hero and to some they'd be just as bad at the villain. But the only way to truly save our home, the people we love is by saving ourselves first. Selfish or not, it's what has to be done.

Athena walked in between Natasha and Yelena. The three of them made their way up to Varoil which was the nearest gas station. There was an awkward silence, as if they'd made a silent agreement to not say a word. Only Natasha broke the silence, "The Red Room is still active. Where is it?"

"I have no idea." Yelena responded as she entered the small shop. "He moves location constantly." She added, walking around with Athena and Natasha behind her. "And every Widow is sedated on every entry and exit for maximum security." 

"I'm still finding it hard to believe that he'd be able to stay off my radar." Natasha mumbled. "Well, who would attack an Avenger in hopes to stay hidden? That's just be stupid antagonist shit." Athena turned to Natasha. "Mhm. I mean, the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenges you." Yelena nodded, yet didn't face them as she spoke.

"Wait, what are the big ones?" Questioned Natasha. "Well, I doubt the god from space has to take ibuprofen after a fight." Yelena responded. Athena's lips formed a straight line as she shrugged, nodding in agreement.

There was a moment of silence between them. "Where did you think I was all this time?" Yelena then asked Natasha. "I thought that you got out and were living a normal life." Natasha responded after slight hesitation, catching Athena's gaze, but choosing to ignore the look of unease. 

"And you just never made contact again?" Yelena asked, looking down at the bandages and medicine she held in her hands, deciding which one to get. Athena looked at Yelena, the two were the same height making it easy for Athena to glance at her subtly.

"Honestly, I thought you didn't want to see me." Natasha spoke up as she washed her hands in the sink that was in the corner. Yelena let out a scoff, turning to Athena and shaking her head. "Bullshit. You just didn't want your baby sister to tag along, whilst you saved the world with the cool kids." 

"You weren't really my sister." Natasha snapped back at her. Yelena froze momentarily, glancing from Natasha to Athena. Athena herself surprised at Natasha's words. "And the Avengers aren't really your family. Athena Maximoff isn't your daughter either. She's the sister of an advanced humanoid weapon."

Athena looked downwards, she had her hand on the silver necklace she always wore that had an M for Maximoff. She had a slight frown on her face, but she almost instantly got rid of it. She realized Natasha hadn't dared look at her, but instead mumbled something under her breath, neither Yelena nor Athena cathing this.