𝟒𝟒, 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Chapter Forty Four.
"There's some serious tension here."

[The Other Side]"Wha- What do you mean it's been five years?" Peter asked rather frantically as he ran his hand through his already messy hair

[The Other Side]
"Wha- What do you mean it's been five years?" Peter asked rather frantically as he ran his hand through his already messy hair. "The fight with Thanos that ended with him using the gauntlet and wiping out half of humanity... That happened five years ago. It was 2019 when it all happened. It's 2023... Now." Athena said slowly. "I've only been here for-" Peter was saying, but cut himself off. "I don't remember how long I've been here. Why can't I remember how long I've been here?" He hadn't calmed down, but instead gotten slightly worse.

"Hey, hey, woah. It's okay." Athena grabbed his slightly shaking hands. "You may not be remembering because..." Athena trailed off when she felt something was off. Athena looked up and saw how the sky had shifted into a dark blue with clouds circling around them. A huge gust of wind was felt and within second there was a strange, high powered pull that Athena felt. Peter looked around in the same confusion she had been in.

Within seconds Athena let out a scream as she had been pulled upwards and had been about to go through a void of darkness. Peter, apparently still had his superhuman abilities, as he swiftly sprung up and grabbed Athena's hand while using his free hand to shoot a web at the nearest lamp post. Athena held onto Peter's hand, but she felt herself losing grip as the pull of the void became stronger. Peter pulled Athena toward him, but as he did this he felt himself being pulled into the void along with her.

"You have to let go of me." Athena told him. He looked at her in slight shock. "Are you crazy? I'm not letting you fly into that black void." Peter told her as he shook his head. "I hate to break it to you, but we're both already dead." She reminded him. "Yeah, and?" He asked. "And, that means that whatever's up there can't really be worse. I'll still be dead." Athena told him.

Peter thought to himself for a second before nodding slowly. "You're right... We both are already dead." He sighed. Athena furrowed her eyebrows, and realized what he was about to do. "Parker, don't." Athena said. "Too late." Peter said as he broke off his web. Within seconds both Athena and Peter got pulled towards the void. Athena had remained holding onto Peter's hand as this all happened. They both watched as everything around them faded into darkness. It was all black around them. Only being able to see each other.

The second they had fully made it through the portal Athena and Peter both fell to the ground. Peter had reacted quicker and landed in somewhat of a fighting pose. He then stood up and grabbed Athena's wrist. He pulled her towards him and Athena ended up in Peter's arms, rather than having fallen directly on the ground. Athena looked up and directly made eye contact with Peter. "Didn't think I'd let you fall, did you?" Peter said to her.

There was a dramatic gasp in the background. Peter and Athena turned to the right and saw a familiar face. "Make room for Jesus, will you?" Said Noah as he shook his head. Athena playfully rolled her eyes as she got out of Peter's grip and walked towards Noah. "What did we say about you not being allowed to die on me?" Noah said as he hugged Athena.