𝟔𝟎, 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐖𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲: 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐖𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝.

Kimberly Jane Lockwood had made it back to Queens, New York. She'd been there before her classmates, as she'd gotten on the first flight back while Cosmic Witch and Spiderman fought off Mysterio. She knew that Lexi, Theo, Aspen, and Noah would be there, but she had not the slightest clue as to where. Kimberly started by going to Theo's house, as she hadn't had any leads. Kimberly had been at a loss of breath from running to Theo's house. She'd left her stuff all back in Europe, as she only hoped Gwen would take them back for her. Kimberly knocked on the door of the 'Anderson' household. Soon enough Emily Anderson, Marcellus Augustine's wife, opened the door.

"Kimberly?" Asked Emily, as she looked fairly stunned to see the strawberry blonde at her doorstep. "Emily, I need your help to find Theo and the others. Do you have an idea where they'd be?" Asked Kimberly, as she caught her breath. Emily's face dropped almost instantly. "Marcellus has taken them, hasn't he? That's why he was in such a hurry to London." Emily shook her head. It was without a doubt that Emily was fully aware of her husband's experiments, and she had now known that Kimberly and the others knew too. Although Kimbelry had no idea that Marcellus dealt with creating metahumans, she only knew he was no good.

"Come on." Emily gestured for Kimberly to enter, and then once she did, Emily shut the door and locked it. "Follow me, Kimberly." Emily said to her, as she walked to the door that led to the basement. The basement was always off limits to Theo growing up, and of course, that made him want to go down there more, but any time he got close, Marcellus would add another lock to the door. Theo had eventually given up on trying to pick the lock once there were six locks and a small security camera on the top of the door itself. Emily had broken the camera before she was blipped over five years ago– and now she was glad she still had the keys to open the locks, as the answer to where Marcellus would be down there.

Down in the darkness–practically pitch black, dusty, the only lights there had been burned out. Kimberly stood beside Emily, as they stood at the top of the staircase looking down at the entry to the basement. Kimberly had been staring down waiting for her eyes to adjust, but they didn't. It was like a life sucking entry to someone's own personal hell, but that was only Marcellus' basement for his at home trials. The actual Augustine facility felt a lot more like a prison world for the creation of innocent teenagers, especially since almost none of them end up leaving alive. Emily turned her phone's flashlight on and walked down the stairs. Kimberly followed her down– ignoring the shiver of fear that trailed down her spine.

***

The new Augustine facility had been underground– it was an area of land that had gotten destroyed years back when the Avengers fought in New York, and when it was all said and done with, Marcellus and his men built a secret facility there. Now that was the newest location of where he held his test subjects. Lexi Chambers and Noah Gustin remained inside a meta dampening cell while Augustine had Aspen tied to a wooden chair. Her hands had metahuman dampening cuffs on them, while her ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. Knives having been stabbed into both her hands as extra "safety precautions" on his behalf.