𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨, 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬

Chapter Nine.
Two Months.

A man, women, or nonbinary person, they all have one thing in common

A man, women, or nonbinary person, they all have one thing in common. Destiny. A person often meets their destiny on the very road they take to avoid it. Either avoiding or having the choice taken from them, they'll find their way. The longer you deny someone their potential, the more they're going to search for it elsewhere. It's a common mistake, deny people of reaching their highest potential. It could come out of two thing. Two emotions that seem to over power someone. Jealousy and or worry. You don't realize the person restricting you is doing this until it's too late.

The sound of muffled murmures were heard as Athena Maximoff woke up, her eyes opening slowly. She sat up and realized she was in her room in the compound. Looking out into the hallway all she saw was Natasha Romanoff talking to SpiderMan, who had his mask off, but had not been facing Athena, so she didn't know what he looked like. 

"Yeah, Mr Stark told me what you three had planned... Are you still going through with it?" Questioned Peter Parker. "Athena is not going to be mentioned in any of this. That fight at the airport, the accords. None of it. All of us agreed that Athena doesn't deserve being dragged down with us." Natasha responded.

"Going through with what? Nat, what's going on?" Athena spoke up, or at least tried to, but her voice was barely audible. "There's been a, uh, an issue, Athena. You've been out for several days... Things have changed. A lot." Natasha walked up to Athena, a glass of water in her hand, she handed it to Athena. 

Peter sighed, putting his mask back on as he knew Tony and Natasha had strictly told him to not reveal his identity to Athena, even though she was more than trustworthy. It wasn't the time for a face reveal yet. Time would come and it would be, but the current moment was not right. 

Realizing that Wanda nor Steve were anywhere to be seen or heard Athena lowered the glass from her lips. She looked up at Natasha, a slight frown on her face. "Where's Wanda? Steve?" Athena asked. Natasha looked downwards for a second. "Athena, a lot changed, remember?" 

"No. No, no, no. You can't- please, please don't tell me what I think you're going to tell me." Athena shook her head as a worried tone flooded her tone. Her gaze shifted to Peter, who, despite having a mask covering his face, was clear to be worried as to how Athena would react.

"Wanda is in prison. She wasn't allowed to come see you as she is marked as a 'weapon of mass destruction' and they didn't think it was the best idea to have you both in close contact. The last she saw you, you were barely alive. I tried convincing them to let Wanda come see you, but they wouldn't budge. Not even for Tony."

The glass slipped from Athena's hand and shattered once it made contact with the ground. "As for Steve... He's on the run. He attacked Tony, leaving him in pretty much critical condition. Steve is officially a fugitive and ran off with Barnes. I don't know anymore about Steve, all I know is that he is aware you're alive." Natasha added carefully.