𝟐𝟖, 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

Chapter Twenty Eight.
An upcoming challenge.

There are many reasons why we run, but usually it's to avoid what's right in front of us

There are many reasons why we run, but usually it's to avoid what's right in front of us. A decision to be made or a dilemma we have to face. Lately it feels like a lot of running had been happening. Running away from this feeling that something bad was coming. She didn't know this, how could she? It was all heading in the right direction for what was soon to come. Running away wouldn't solve anything, but instead make it worse. Not running is what would end up changing a few things, a few major parts of her story.

"Hey, blondie, you alright?" Athena asked as she walked up to Thor, who had been groaning from below her. He was on the ground rubbing his head. The sound of distant thudding was heard as he stood up. "Just peachy, Athena." Thor responded.

If you looked up then you'd see the amount of rubbish being thrown down through the different portals. There was one huge opening that had reddish hues coming from it. Thunder began to crack and it was then that Thor noticed a huge metal shrapnel falling towards them. He grabbed Athena's wrist and pulled her back so she didn't get crushed to death.

"Thanks." Athena said and then turned around and saw an entire city. Her mouth dropped slightly. An alarm was heard blaring from near them. The two turned and saw some kind of space ship fly towards them. "I wish it were Kara or Clark, but I know it isn't." Athena murmured quietly.

The doors of the space ship opened and a group of colorful, masked people walked out. Thor glanced at Athena, having walked in front of her in the slight chance that the people try to attack them. Thor looked slightly confused, as Athena simply looked intrigued. 

 "Are you a fighter?" One of the men asked Thor. "Or are you food?" They followed up. "We're just passing through." Thor told them. "It is food." One man cheered. "On your knees." They then said. Thor stuck his hand out and reached for his hammer, having forgotten that Hela destroyed it.

Without his hammer Thor simply put his arms up. One of the men came up to him, but Thor grabbed his shirt collar and threw him flying forward. The people having gathered around both Athena and Thor. Her eyes flared red and she used an energy blast to send three of them flying back into the depth of the sea. Meanwhile a couple tried getting to Thor, but only managed to rip his cape in half. He punched them and had them fall to the ground in pain. Athena continued to kick them like Natasha had taught her, and would punch like Steve taught her.

It was then that one of the masked people aimed a weapon at Thor. A high powered, shock net was shot out of the weapon. Thor fell to the ground and groaned form the shocks it sent through him. When the weapon aimed at Athena she used an ice blast to knock hit out of their hand. "Try again next time." She shrugged as they glared at her.

Half of the people charged at Athena while the other half beat up Thor. Athena having used multiple moves that she'd learned from Natasha, Steve, and Sara Lance. The sound of an engine whirling was heard approaching them. Hearing this sound made all the men stop, and with that second of distraction Athena sent them all back with a massive gust of wind merged with dark matter.