𝟓𝟖, 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

Athena walked the streets of Prague after having walked out of the restaurant, and away from Quentin Beck

Athena walked the streets of Prague after having walked out of the restaurant, and away from Quentin Beck. She had her right hand on her necklace's pendant. Her fingers remained on the Maximoff 'M'. The sound of footsteps rushing up to her was heard. Athena continued walking despite the fact. "Hey, Ath," Peter said, as he had caught up with her. "Hi." Athena said and continued walking. "Okay, so now that everything can go back to normal..." Peter trailed off, as he continued to walk with her. "Peter, I thought you learned that nothing is ever 'normal' for people like us." Athena sighed, as she began to fidget with her silver rings.

"We are teenagers, Athena. We're sixteen. We shouldn't be carrying these burdens." Peter told her. "Yes, I agree with that. We shouldn't have to be dealing with these kinds of threats, but we have to. If we don't, then people end up dying." Athena said, as they both stopped walking and faced each other. "We both have super powers, Peter. We don't have these powers just for our own personal advantage, but to help people." She reminded him. "Yeah, I know that. That's what I've been doing as Spiderman." Peter responded. "And yet you gave away the Edith glasses that Tony entrusted you with." Athena said to him. 

"You can't seriously be mad." Peter chuckled softly. Athena only stared up at him, and sighed. "Wait, you're seriously mad about that?" Peter then realized. "Athena, I gave them to Beck because he's trustworthy. Tony would want someone trustworthy to have them." He told her. "Which is exactly why he gave them to you! Peter, Tony trusted you. He made you a suit, recruited you on a mission, made you an Avenger, and then gave you something of great value. And you still think you weren't worthy enough to have the Edith glasses?" Athena had raised her voice unintentionally, but then lowered the volume of her voice.

"Holy shit." Said Michelle Jones, as she turned the corner and saw Peter in his new suit, and 'Thea Martin' in the Black Widow suit. Athena and Peter turned to see Mj and Aspen had been standing a few feet away from them– Mj having a stunned look on her face, while Aspen didn't react. "I knew it. You are Spiderman, but damn. Thea, you're the new Black Widow?" Mj said, as she stared at them. "No, wait. You're the Cosmic Witch. But that makes no sense, because that's Athena Maximoff. Unless..." Mj's eyes then widened even more. "Jesus Christ," Aspen murmured. "Oh, my God." Peter shook his head, as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Okay, well. That's lovely. That's just great. Hi, Mj." Athena waved, as she used the facial transmogrifier and adjusted the setting of it so that Mj could see Athena's true self. "You knew?" Mj asked Aspen, who only nodded. "I told her." Peter said. "He didn't tell me. I figured it out, and then was told Athena's identity." Aspen told her. "Told by who?" Mj asked. "A very bad man... Athena and I are trying to stop and put an end to his cruelty." Aspen responded. 

"Speaking of which, Caroline is working on identifying the man in the security footage. Apparently the one who died worked for Stark, so there is a chance that the second one did too." Athena told Aspen. "Which means he'd been in the stark database. That's perfect. When we get home we can go find him, and see if he has any leads on Marcellus." Aspen then added, and Athena nodded.