𝟐𝟔, 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chapter Twenty Six.
Homecoming. 

Sometimes you could spend your whole life running form the impossible

Sometimes you could spend your whole life running form the impossible. You never really think you'll become something impossible some day. Powers or not you can be a hero, you can be that impossible that you never would have thought. Some heroes save the day in the simplest forms. By just being there for us, by believing is us. The lying aspect can come into play sometimes, but that doesn't mean that people don't believe in you. It's that feeling of knowing  people believe in you, that will make you succeed in the end.

Would it surprise you if it was said that Athena Maximoff chose a scarlet colored dress and silver makeup for the homecoming dance? No, it would not. Athena constantly did that. She would wear scarlet and have silver accents, or do it the other way around. She was always one to incorporate her siblings into her day to day life. She loved her family, both biological and not. 

Lexi was seated on the ground in front of the mirror that was leaned against Athena's bedroom wall. "You're free to use the bathroom mirror, if you want." Athena told her as she added silver highlighter on her cheekbones. 

"It's fine. I like sitting on the floor while I do my makeup. Plus I'm almost done." Lexi said as she curled her eyelashes and began adding mascara. "Dress." Athena said and handed Lexi her dusty blue colored dress. Lexi took the dress and placed it on the bed as she then stood up. 

Lexi went into the bathroom and put her dress on, while Athena put hers on in her bedroom with the door shut. "I feel like I should have gone with the lavender one. I look horrible." Lexi sighed as she looked at her dress. "You must be blind then, because you look amazing, Lexi." Athena smiled. 

"You think?" Lexi questioned. "Oh, yeah. Noah and I will have the hottest date there." Athena said, causing Lexi to laugh. "Does this mean you've come to your senses and will be my date instead of Peter's?" She joked.

"Maybe if you had asked me first." Athena pouted. The two had that tendency to fake flirt every now and then. Although any outsider wouldn't  think it was fake. "I was a little busy having been shot and all, but I'll have that in mind for Junior homecoming." Lexi nodded. "Noted. I'll put it in my calendar." Athena said. "Wonderful."

There was a knock at the door of Athena's bedroom. The two girls exchanged glances. Athena walked over to the door and opened it. "You don't understand how many times I was stared at by your neighbors for walking up here with a suit on. I hate wearing suits. Why did I agree to this?" Noah groaned as he walked into the room and slumped down on Athena's desk chair. 

"You did it for Lexi." Athena told him with a slight smirk on her lips. "Yeah, you did it for Lexi." She said in the third person with a pout. Noah only then realized the girls had been all dressed up and ready. 

"It's unfair that my best friends are hotter than me." Noah shook his head. "I accept defeat. Lord, please take me now." He pleaded. "Are you high?" Athena questioned. "I don't know, mom, am I?" He responded.