77

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐞.

It was Salem, Massachusetts in the year 1693. A torched flame was seen in the dark hallowed forest. Women in cloaks darker than the nightfall walked side by side. In the grip of two of these cloaked women was Agatha Harkness. Agatha shook her head, as she tried freeing herself from their grip, but failed to do so. "No, no, no." Agatha shuddered, as she was fearful. "Please, no. No, no." Agatha's breath was all shaken up, as she was forced to stand against a wooden pillar. A woman in a dark emerald cloak stood before Agatha, as Agatha got tied up with magic.

"Agatha Harkness, are you a witch?" Asked the woman in emerald. "Yes. I am a witch." Agatha responded with a slow nod. "Yet you have betrayed your coven." Responded the emerald cloaked woman. In unison, the witches all removed their hoods. "I have not!" Agatha exclaimed hastily. "You stole knowledge above your age and station. You practice the darkest of magic." The woman told Agatha. "I know... I know nothing of these crimes. I... I swear it." Agatha said as she shook her head.

"Enough deception!" Shouted that same woman. "I did not break your rules... They simply bent to my power." Said Agatha with a subtle smirk. All the witches around Agatha began to chant in Latin. Agatha's smug expression fell in an instant. "Wait." Said Agatha, but they did not listen. The chanting continued. "No. I cannot control it! I... If only you would teach me!" Agatha said, her tone coated in fear. "Help me! Please! Mother, please! Please! Mother!" Agatha turned to the woman in emerald, but her mother joined in the chant.

Agatha's facial expression was full of only fear and that was made clear as day. Agatha not knowing what to do, as she knew there was nothing that could be done. "No!" Agatha shouted at the same time that all the witches blasted Agatha with magic. Sapphire hues were used to harm Agatha. She let out a painful scream, as there was a severe amount of power used against her. Agatha's screams continued, as she was on the brink of death. 

Agatha's screams soon dialed down, and she instead grunted in pain. It was then that the sapphire hues shifted to violet. Agatha and the coven leader both noticed the shift in power. The witches surrounding her all groaned in massive pain, as their power was being used against them. Soon enough, all the witches got close to desiccating from the overdose of magic. The coven leader used her power to levitate upwards and had a blast of sapphire hues blast at Agatha's heart, as the other witches had failed to do so.

Agatha looked up at her mother and saw the power being used against her. Agatha moved her hands around and freed herself from the magical hold. She lifted both her arms upwards, violet hues merged with dark magic were seen surrounding her hands. Agatha spread her arms outward and blasted the remaining witches away—they all fell back fully desiccated. Agatha looked up at her mother, who had stopped her own magic.

"Please, I can be good." Agatha said to her. The coven leader shook her head in response. "No, you cannot." The woman said with a shaky voice. Sapphire hues surrounded the coven leader's hands, as a sapphire crown appeared over her head—it had been created by energy manipulated sapphire hues. One more blast of blue was seen, as she used more power against Agatha. Violet hues surrounded Agatha's hands, as she tried protecting herself from the magic used against her. Agatha fought back, and it was then that the violet hues met up with the sapphire ones. Agatha's power beat the coven leader's and she soon fell to the ground dead, dessicated like the others.