𝟎𝟕, 𝐖𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Chapter Seven.
"We fight."

a/n: i did just realize after it was pointed out that I changed Athena/Cosmic's name to Chaos. That was my fault. Ignore that, and I'm sorry if it's confusing in the next chapter.

 Ignore that, and I'm sorry if it's confusing in the next chapter

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car." Sharon commented as she had met up with Steve. "It's low profile." He responded. "Good, cause this stuff tends to draw a crowd." She said as she opened the trunk of her car to reveal the Captain America and Falcon suits.

Athena was seated next to Bucky in the backseat of the getaway car, while Sam sat in the front - although he wasn't fond of leaving Athena with Bucky, not after he hurt her. It might have explained Sam's attitude towards Bucky. "Can you move your seat up?" Questioned Bucky. "No." Sam replied with a straight face.

"I owe you again." Steve told Sharon, who smiled and then shrugged. "Keeping a list." She informed him. Sharon then turned to the car, she watched Bucky turn to face Athena. "Can you tell your bitch of a brother to move his seat up?" He said to Athena. "Language." Sam told him.

"Sam's stubborn. I can't do anything about that." Athena shrugged. "You can't give him a freeze brain with your ice powers?" Bucky suggested. "There's no brain to freeze." Athena joked. "Now that's just rude. I'm telling your parents." Sam huffed.

"You know, he kinda tried to kill me. And now he's buddy buddy with your kid?" Sharon then turned around to face Steve once more. "Sorry. I'll put it on the list, too. And, uh, Athena? She's smart, she knows how to handle herself." Steve replied.

"For someone who's not biologically related to you, you sure do care about her a lot." The blonde woman commented. "That's an understatement. I love that kid more than she knows. I'd do anything to keep her safe." Steve responded.

Athena looked from Sam to Bucky. "So..." Athena began, but Sam cut her off, "If you're going to try and convince me of recasting Clint with Oliver, Ath, I'm sorry to disappoint, but Oliver would not have the patience for us."

"Who the hell-" Bucky didn't get a chance to finish. "Mind your business, tin man. Back to the Oliver thing," Athena said, Sam smirked as he saw Bucky's facial expression in the mirror. "Tin man?" Bucky scoffed.

Looking upwards, the trio saw Steve and Sharon kiss. Athena's eyes widen slightly - of course she was happy for Steve, but a small part of her was disappointed as she had the smallest bit of hope for Steve and Natasha.

Sam and Bucky grinned, both of them nodding in unison. Steve then turned his head to see the two's action. He only scoffed at their behavior. Steve clearly oblivious to Athena's change in expression. It was only clear to Wanda and Natasha when Athena's facial expression changed to one of a more blank, or sadden ways.

Steve then walked over to the car, getting into the driver's seat. "Ath, where's my money?" Sam said and put his hand out to the back. Athena rolled her eyes. She took her phone case off her phone, and handed Sam the twenty dollar bill that was inside. "Seriously? You two bet on me?" Steve questioned. "Oh, we bet on all the Avengers. You just so happened to be the latest one. I lost... Thanks, Steve." Athena shook her head as Sam taunted the bill in her face.