𝟏𝟒, 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬

Chapter Fourteen.
Family drama and surprise visits.

Every hero, warrior, whatever you wanna call people who save other people in one way or another must learn the simple truth, that pain in inevitable

Every hero, warrior, whatever you wanna call people who save other people in one way or another must learn the simple truth, that pain in inevitable. But suffering? That is optional. Pain of what you once believed to be true, real truly is painful as it brings you to reality. The reality that was you knew was all an act just waiting to fall apart. Those memories made that you cherished, knowing those were not real causes internal suffering that you don't understand unless felt yourself. You wish things could have been different. Well, let me tell you one thing about wishes. Sometimes in order to honour your wishes, you need to dishonour your memories.

The sound of the couch was heard as Athena sat down against the far right end of it. She sighed, placing her hands on her lap. Her gaze wandered around the house. It wasn't small, but it wasn't huge either. It was somewhat cluttered, and seemed to be cleaned once a month or so. There were only walls and doors that separate the rooms, as there was no upper or lower level. Athena watched as Yelena had her lips in a straight line as she walked around. Natasha on the other hand having looked skeptical of it all, watching as Melina put her weapon away in a hidden storage closet filled of other deadly weapons.

Yelena slowly placed her hand on the back of a chair that sat in front of the table. She rested her hand there for a moment, as if hesitant to sit down in it. The blonde woman shut her eyes for a moment, inhaling. Taking in what it felt like to be in a house with people she once called family. She pulled the chair back and slowly sat down in it. Looking out the window that was in front of her. Her gaze was blank. 

Natasha walked over to the couch where Athena sat idly by. Grabbing her hand Natasha pulled the girl up. Looking around, upwards and down at the ground. "Any booby traps around here somewhere?" Natasha questioned Melina as she had her grip on Athena's hand, steady enough to be the lightest bit overprotective and paranoid. "Anything we need to know about?"

"I didn't raise my girls to fall into traps, or lead their kids into one." Melina said, the offence taken, but silently. "You didn't raise us at all." Natasha spat in annoyance, walking around with Athena until she was at the table with Yelena.

"Oh, maybe so. But if you got soft, it wasn't on my watch." Melina sighed. Natasha sat down across from Yelena, Athena directly in front of her aunt. Melina sat besides Yelena, who subtly side eyed her. Yelena's eyes screaming the phrase, "Don't keep me here with her."

 Alexei's grunting was heard coming from the bathroom across the room. He had been trying to fit into his old Red Gaudian suit from many, many years back. And it was quite obvious by the sound of hard core struggling that he was failing. Natasha had a facial expression that radiated disgust while Athena and Yelena sat there in an awkward silence.

"Let's drink." Melina broke the silence. Natasha glanced up at her, but didn't respond. Melina looked over at Athena, "You want a beer?" Athena raised an eyebrow. "She's fifteen." Natasha mumbled, shaking her head. "So?" Melina questioned. "No, I would not like a beer. Especially not from you of all people." Athena scoffed.