𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬.

Athena Maximoff crossed the streets of New York city. She had on high waisted black jeans that were slightly flared at the bottom and a blank tank top under a brown leather jacket. Her slightly heeled black boots heard as she walked to the closest cafe, and walked inside. The world knew that Athena Maximoff had played the role of Thea Martin—that detail was not forgotten by a single soul. Her entire friend group had all forgotten how close they once were, though. They still knew they all existed and were somewhat friends, or more friendly encounters. Peter Parker had been the one no one had a single memory about.

The bell rang as the door opened. Michelle Jones stood up straight and walked over to the front of the table to attend Athena. Ned Leeds remained seated at a table as he went over his newly accepted college letter from MIT. "Hey, Athena, what can I get for you?" Mj asked, as she awaited the auburn haired girl's response. "White mocha latte, please." Athena said, as she got her credit card out from her phone case. Mj nodded as she started making the drink while Athena swiped the card and paid for the drink itself.

"Any plans or anything? Like, a gap year?" Ned asked, as he looked over to his partial friend. "Uh... Yeah, yeah. Something like that. I'm just waiting for someone to get back to me first." Athena nodded. "Here you go." Mj said, as she handed Athena the hot beverage. "Congrats on MIT, by the way." Athena smiled as she saw the acceptance letters. "Thanks." Mj half smiled, as Ned nodded somewhat awkwardly.

In walked another customer. This time it being Peter Parker. Although none of the three who stood before him had any memory of him. Mj walked back over to him and had taken his order. Athena and Ned had some random banter. Ned mentioned how he was beginning to build an Avengers Tower out of Legos. Mj then packed some donuts for Ned and gave them to him. "Donuts for my fellow engineer. Athena you're more than welcome to have one as well." Mj said to them.

"Wait, what?" Ned asked, as he furrowed his eyebrows. "MIT, they have the engineers." Athena said, referring to Mj's previous comment. "Oh, right, right, right. I should probably know that." Ned then murmured. "Look at you with the school spirit." Ned said to Mj, who only shrugged. Peter looked at his best friend with amusement for a while. His gaze shifted to Athena. He felt as though his heart sank seeing three of the people closest to him without a memory of him.

"Peter Parker? Peter Parker?" Mj called out for him, as he seemed lost. Athena's eyebrows furrowed as she thought to herself for a minute. "Your coffee." Said Mj, as she handed him the coffee cup. "Right. Thank you..." Peter trailed off. He then turned around and headed for the door. "I should probably get going." Athena then said. "See you around." Mj waved as she left. "Bye." Ned said as well. Athena smiled back at the both of them—a strange feeling coursing through her as she left.

"Hey, Peter," Athena called out for him, as she made her way up to him. Peter turned around almost instantly which caused him to hit her coffee cup with his hand. Before it hit the ground Peter caught it and handed it back to her. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." Athena shook her head. "No, no... It's, uh, not that." Peter told her, as he had actually thought for a split second, that Strange's spell hadn't worked on her, but seeing as it did work, his subtle disappointment became more visible. Athena frowned as she could tell something was off.