84

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟒: 𝐈𝐜𝐲 𝐍𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐚.

"Okay, so tell me why I have to be at your family dinner tonight?" Athena asked Kate, as they both walked out of Eleanor's office

"Okay, so tell me why I have to be at your family dinner tonight?" Athena asked Kate, as they both walked out of Eleanor's office. "Uh, because it's easier to communicate with said family when people are around. It provides a barrier, and trust me when I say we'll need it." Kate responded.

Kate then brought her phone out. She pulled up Clint's contact and texted him. Athena noticed her phone had been spammed with messages from Peter as well.  Kate glanced at Athena's phone, and nodded subtly. "I'll be right back." Athena said, and Kate nodded.

Kate Bishop

Miss me yet?

Don't pretend to be busy with your friends.

We both know you don't have any.

Athena walked around the corner. She called Peter back, and brought the phone to her ear. The second he answered, Athena heard a crash from his end of the phone. "What was that?" Athena asked him. "I used a web to grab my phone and accidentally dropped my lamp in the process." Peter told her, as he glanced at the broken glass from the lamp.

"That's besides the point. Hey, so how are you doing with everything that happened?" Peter then asked her. "Uh," Athena thought to herself for a minute or so. "If you had to stop and think about it, then I'm only going to assume you're not okay." Peter told her. "Trying to do better, but it's a lot harder than I remember." Athena responded, truthfully.

"Are you busy today? Maybe we could do something, and try to take our minds off it all." Peter suggested. He had been close friends with Noah at one point as well. Not as close as Athena and Noah had become, but that didn't mean that Noah's death didn't leave an impact on Peter as well. "I promised Kate I'd go to a family dinner with her." Athena told him.

"Well, it's still early in the afternoon. We could do something." Kate chimed in from around the corner. Athena turned to face Kate, who had a sheepish smile on her lips. "Yeah, sorry, I kinda overheard you talking." Kate told her, and walked over to her. Athena put the phone on speaker, as her and Kate walked into the elevator.

"Yeah, let's do something as a trio. It would be a 'young Avengers' thing." Peter told them, as he assumed he was now on speaker seeing as he could hear Kate's humming. "We are not the 'young Avengers'. That is not a thing." Athene responded. "It could be! We could be the founders of it. Even though we're all over the age of eighteen, so would it technically be 'young' Avengers?" Kate murmured.

"The Super Squad?" Athena asked Noah and Lexi. The three of them had sat down at the kitchen island of Caroline's apartment. "Yes! It would be the three of us, plus maybe the others like Peter, Aspen, Ned, and Mj." Noah nodded, as he reached into his backpack for his bag of unopened gummy worms. "We'd be the founders of the Super Squad. It'll be our own little group thing." Lexi chimed in.