𝟓𝟐, 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝.

"Yes, I know. Aspen sent over the resources for the project." Noah said over the phone. "I already did my part." Spoke Michelle Jones from the other line. "Wait, when? We just got this assigned in the third period." Asked Noah. "Yeah, and I did it from the minute it was assigned to then our fifth period. Easy, done. It's a lot easier to be productive when you're not being held back by friends and whatever other nonsense." Michelle told him. "But you're focused on Aspen, too. Are you not?" Asked Noah in a sly tone. "Get your part of the assignment done, Gustin." Michelle then hung up on him.

Noah let out a subtle chuckle before placing his phone beside him. He opened his laptop and automatically went to google. To no surprise the first thing that appeared on the screen was a news update from the Daily Bugle, and it had SpiderMan front and center. "You go get 'em, Pete." Noah said as he saw the article. Noah then switched tabs and began his research for the History project they'd been assigned. It was going to be about slavery in the 1900s. Noah went onto the google document and saw how Michelle had written out a majority of the notes. That left Noah to add onto it and then Aspen would help decorate the slide and present it to the class.

About midway through the assignment, Noah heard a knock at his bedroom door. "Uh, yeah, come in." Noah said, as he continued to type away at his computer keyboard. However, there was no answer, nor did anyone enter the room. Noah shrugged it off and went back to working. A few seconds later there was more knocking. "Come in, dad!" Noah said, as he shook his head in annoyance. Again, nothing. Noah rolled his eyes, as he stood up from his desk. "Why do parents always do that?" Noah muttered to himself.

The second Noah walked out of his bedroom door he felt a grip on his ankles. He turned around, but was much too slow. Noah got pulled by his ankles so harshly that he fell to the ground. His chin hit the ground and caused him to almost bite through his tongue. His forehead then slammed onto the ground as he felt a hand on the back of his head push him downwards. Blood having been seen on the ground from how harsh the hits to the floor were. Noah had been barely conscious, but the one thing he did see as he was being pulled through the room, he had seen his father unconscious. Noah tried to fight himself free, but failed. He only felt himself being dragged through the hallway of his apartment building.

By the time he'd woken up he had been strapped to a chair. Noah's eyes widened as he knew where he was from Aspen's description. Noah pulled on the straps that wrapped tightly around his forearms. His legs had also been tied down and he had some kind of anklet on. Noah could feel a surge of dark matter had been coursing through his veins– that explained the anklet, as it had been trying to suppress it. Noah continued to try and break free. He grew more and more hopeless by the minute. He eventually threw his head back, as he had no idea what would happen next. Subtle tears began to stream down his face, but he attempted to fight them back.