90

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗𝟎: 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐉𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"Follow me." Christine told the group. Stephen and America followed Christine without hesitation. It was Athena who stayed back, slightly hesitant. Lexi stayed back with her, of course. Deadpool wasn't really following everything that was going on, but he found Athena to be more interesting, so naturally, he stayed with her to see what she had in mind.

"So, little witch-" Deadpool began, but was quickly cut off. "Do not call me that." Athena said sharply. Deadpool tilted his head. "Why?" He asked her. "Because there's a limited number of people who can call me that, and you're not one of them." Athena told him and began walking in the same direction the others had.

"What's her problem?" Deadpool asked Lexi. "She lost a lot of people in her life, and one of the last people she had is now all corrupt and out to kill innocent people for funsies, so what do you think her problem is?" Lexi responded rather quickly, and then followed Athena. Deadpool turned to who appeared to be no one. "Are these two always this feisty, readers?" He asked.

"Are you coming or not?" Lexi asked, as she peered her head around the corner. "And stop talking to imaginary readers, it's weird." She then added. "They're not imaginary- You know what? Screw you people. I'm gonna go get myself a sandwich." Deadpool said, as he turned and walked away the other direction. Lexi rolled her eyes in response.

"That guy in red leather just left, so we're on our own." Lexi told Athena, as they walked towards a staircase. Glass shattered and the shuffling got closer to them, meaning Wanda was approaching. "We're usually on our own, but I just gotta make sure Wanda doesn't kill Stephen." Athena responded.

"And the child...?" Lexi asked slowly after a brief pause. Athena glanced over to Lexi. "And her too." Athena said, as she walked down the stairs and met Stephen, America, and Christine at the bottom. "Where does that tunnel go?" Athena asked, as they all began walking—Lexing following soon after.

"Under the river." Christine responded. They all rushed through the tunnel. Christine made sure they were all there before turning the underground tunnel into lockdown mode. Athena pulled Lexi's arm so the wall didn't crush her before she came through. Everyone else went running as the door opened with red hues surrounding it.

Wanda was limping, but clearly still had strength and power coursing through her. Wanda tilted her head as she grabbed Lexi with a magical chokehold, as Lexi was standing in front of America. She then threw Lexi against the wall. "Go. Go, go, go!" Stephen said and had America and Christine run away. Athena rushed over and helped Lexi up.  

Athena blasted Stephen in their direction. "Stephen, go." Athena told him. He was hesitant to go, as Athena was helping Lexi walk, as Wanda had hurt her and the superhuman healing hadn't kicked in yet. "Now!" Athena yelled, as she had violet hues surround him and blasted him back further. "Don't test me, Athena." Wanda told her, as she then looked back over to Lexi.