74

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Billy and Tommy called out for Wanda in unison. Athena groaned in slight pain as she sat up, having been on the living room couch. "What is it, boys?" Asked Wanda, as she walked out of the kitchen with a puppy in her arms. "Auntie Athena's awake." Said Tommy, as he pointed at Athena, who sat up straight. "Hey, baby sister, how are you feeling?" Wanda asked her, as she walked over to Athena. "What happened?" Asked Athena. "You fainted and Agnes and I brought you back here to rest." Wanda responded.

"And during that time you got a dog?" Athena furrowed her eyebrows, as she saw the tiny puppy. "We wanna keep him. Auntie Athena, please convince mommy to let us keep him. Please." Billy asked, as he added several extra e's to his please. "Morning, wife. Morning, boys. Morning, sister in law... Good morning, unfamiliar wet animal." Vision then said, as he walked down the stairs. Wanda chuckled. "Who's this?" Asked Vision.

"We're not quite sure, actually." Wanda responded. "Why so formal, Vision?" Athena asked, as she headed for the staircase. "Oh, it's just a precaution really. I had a hunch someone might pop over." Vision responded. The door opened. "Hi, kiddos." Said Agnes, as she walked inside with a dog house. "With exactly the item we require." Vision trailed off, as he eyed Agnes suspiciously. "Is any door in this house ever locked?" Athena murmured, as she shook her head.

Agnes shut the door and chuckled. "My kitchen window told me someone got a new pooch." Agnes said, as she walked up to Tommy and Billy. The dog's barking was heard, and Agnes waved at him. "Did you name him yet?" She asked the twins. "How about Sniffy?" Said Billy, as the dog had been sniffing his food bowl on the other side of the room. Athena's eyes flared a violet color unintentionally, and she ended up causing a slight electrical spark that shocked the dog. "How about Sparky?" Suggested Agnes.

"Well, should we make it official?" Wanda asked with a smile, as she moved her fingers around and had a dog collar appear in her hand—Agnes hadn't seen this as she'd been preoccupied with Sparky. "Wanda." Exclaimed Vision. "Hmm?" Asked Wanda. "Agnes was right there." Athena chimed, as she stayed seated on the stairs. "She didn't notice. She didn't even notice when the boys went from babies to five-year-olds." Wanda shrugged.

"That's not what we agreed upon. You made no effort to conceal your abilities." Vision shook his head. "Well, I'm tired of hiding, Vis. And maybe you don't have to either." Wanda told her husband. "Wanda, we are usually so much of the same mind. But right now... What aren't you telling me?" Vision asked, skeptically. "So, is Sparky our dog, Daddy?" Said Tommy, innocently. "What?" Vision asked, as Sparky whimpered .Vision sighed, and shook his head.

"Boys, your father and I don't think you're ready to properly care for an animal until you're at least..." Wanda trailed off, as she looked at Athena and Vision. "Ten?" Athena shrugged. "Ten." Vision agreed with a fake cough. "Ten years old." Wanda told the twins, but they exchanged mischievous glances. "Wait, now, hang on there a minute... Wait, no, no, no." Wanda shook her head, as she watched her boys now grow up to be ten years old. "What the fu..." Athena trailed off, as she got a glare from Vision before she could say the full word.