𝟓𝟓, 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥.

"Athena," Said Caroline Bryant as she stood in the doorway of Athena's bedroom– from five years back when Athena used to live with her as 'Thea Martin'

"Athena," Said Caroline Bryant as she stood in the doorway of Athena's bedroom– from five years back when Athena used to live with her as 'Thea Martin'. Athena looked up from her book pages. She'd been reading 'In Five Years' ironically. "Look, I know things weren't all that good between us before, but I will do better. And, no, I'm not trying to replace Natasha or Wanda, I know I could never do that. But just know that you do have someone to look out for you, even if you don't think you need it." Caroline told her, and then left the room, as she knew Athena wasn't in a very talkative mood right now.

Athena had been packing for the school field trip, and would every now and then stop to read a few pages of her book. The song 'Style' by Taylor Swift played through Athena's earbuds, as she had the volume at half volume. Her phone would light up occasionally from the notifications of her group chat. The group chat consitened of Athena, Lexi, Noah, Aspen, Peter, and Ned. It did have Michelle Jones in it, but she grew annoyed at the amount of text messages she received per minute and ended up removing herself from the chat– no matter how many times Aspen would add her back in.

There was a knock at the bedroom window beside her– and there was only one person who would be able to do that. And it was Peter Parker. Athena walked over to the window and undid the locks on the window, sliding it upwards to have it fully opened. Athena took a few steps back, as Peter entered through the window, and then stood in front of her. She took her earbuds out and put her phone down.

"You could've just used the front door, you know." Athena said, but then realized she hadn't gotten the chance to tell Peter she'd been living with Caroline again. "Wait, how the hell..." Athena murmured. "Happy told me you were back to living with Caroline, so that's why I'm here... To make sure you're okay and all, since Happy also mentioned Wanda... Left." Peter said to her.

"I'm fine, Peter." Athena lied, but he saw right through the lie– even though Athena had gotten very good at hiding her pain over the last few years, there were still certain people who knew when she was upset. Although most of the people who did know how to correctly read her were gone, some more than others. "Athena," Peter then said, as he walked closer to her. Peter placed his hands on the side of her face and had her look up at him– as she'd been focused on the dresser in front of her. "Things were finally starting to look up... I should've known something else would happen. If Wanda left there would have to be a reason. I just really hope I wasn't the reason." Athena then answered truthfully.

Right as Peter was about to say something in response, he had a strange feeling– due to his metahuman 'spidey senses'. Peter pulled Athena closer to him and had his hand on the back of her head– as he then had them both fall to the ground. In perfect timing too, because there had been a blast of dark matter through both windows– the one that was already open, and the one that hadn't been. Glass shattered completely. A brick had been thrown through the window after the blast itself. Caroline had come bursting into the room with a loaded gun aimed outwards, as she didn't know what had happened– she'd only heard the shattering sound from the living room.